Genesis Alpitude steel frame. Size:medium. Similar to Bfe, Dialled, All mountain

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Genesis Alpitude steel frame. Size:medium. Similar to Bfe, Dialled, All mountain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Genesis Alpitude steel frame. Size:medium. Similar to Bfe, Dialled, All mountain
  • andiskin

For Sale is my Medium Genesis Alpitude Frame.

The Size is 16.5″ – I’m 5’11 and I’d say it’s perfect for anyone 5’9- 6’2ish depending on how you like your bikes.

Made from Reynolds 853 tubing(the good stuff as they say!)
    Comes with complete FSA Pig Headset, seat clamp and seat post shim.

It’s a great all rounder made for blasting down anything and everything, it also climbs superbly well due to the steep seat angle. Extremely strong and reasonably light, CEN rated up to 160mm forks.

It’s in very good condition, nice and shiny with no dents or cracks. All threads are excellent.

There’s couple of tiny stone chips on the down tube and under the seat clamp, plus a tiny bit of chain suck. I’ve touched them up with a cover up pen which I will include in the sale.

Looking for around £170 plus postage. (Still retails at £400 in some places)

Based in North Yorkshire so people are welcome to come and collect. Might be able to deliver within reason.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Cheers
    Andy

P.S May consider a swap for an Evil Sov. or a decent set of forks.

A few reviews to entice you!
    http://summitdown.com/genesis-alpitude-review/
    http://singletrackworld.com/blogs/2009/01/benjis-long-termer-genesis-alpitude/

Premier Icon sprocker
    Subscriber

Roughly how heavy is it mate

andiskin

Hi Spocker, I don’t have any ‘fishing scales’ for the exact weight but I’ll try and track it down. A quick glance at the Genesis website tells me the 18″ is 5lb 3oz so a touch lighter than that. It’s almost identical weight to a Cotic Bfe. Built to last! It still feels light and spritely and climbs brilliantly but it’s solid at the same time.

I honestly don’t notice the minor weight penalty of steel frames, I think geometry and overall feel of a bike has a greater effect on performance than a pound here or there. You can save it on components fairly easily.

I’ll keep an eye for the exact weight and let you know.

Cheers
    Andy

Premier Icon sprocker
    Subscriber

sorry for delay back what size seat post is it

andiskin

27.2 mate

andiskin

That’s with the shim, there seems to be some debate as the whether it’s 29.8 or 30mm without. Annoyingly Genesis have scant information on their website! I’ve always used it with the shim.

Premier Icon sprocker
    Subscriber

sorry mate have to pass it’s for a friend who wants to use his dropper which is 30.9.

andiskin

No worries mate. You can now get 27.2 droppers, but understandable if he’s already got one.

Price reduced to £160.

adventurer85

Hi there, is your frame still available?
    Tom

summids

Andy, I’m interested in the Alpitude frame. Is it still available?

Thanks.

Peter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Alpitude steel frame. Size:medium. Similar to Bfe, Dialled, All mountain’ is closed to new replies.