Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • General election- is there a stats website showing county/area voting history?
  • cokie

With the general election coming up, I was wondering if there’s a website out there that shows the voting history by county/area by general elections.

Wikipedia shows the most recent data, but I’m yet to find more history than this.

I’m interested to see how tactic voting could affect my county.

cokie

Cheers for that.
    Eye opener! No chance of any other party winning in my area.
    Winning party has won for years and years with a huge majority.
    Can’t say I’m surprised given the area I’m in.
    99% chance of them winning again according to that site.

whitestone
    Free Member

I grew up in the South Lakes, the constituency, now called “Westmorland and Lonsdale” was solid Conservative, the preceding constituency “Westmorland” had been Tory since the mid 1800s. The sitting MP, Michael Jopling, was the Minister for Agriculture which says a lot about the make up of the area. In 2005 the seat was won by the Lib-Dems with Tim Farron becoming the MP, he’s now one of the few MPs to have an absolute majority with 51.5% of the votes cast.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member
    cokie

I’m quite happy with my political knowledge and who I want to support. I just wanted to find the voting history of the ward. Tactical voting won’t work in my area, so I shall stick by my guns.

jam-bo

woo. 96% chance of CON hold…

ulysse
    Free Member
    whitestone
    Free Member

Eek! 97% chance of Con hold for our constituency

IHN

woo. 96% chance of CON hold…

98% here. Welcome to the Cotswolds, where the local time is 1956.

whitestone
    Free Member

@IHN – as up to date as that eh? Positively pinko progressive 😆

ferrals
    Free Member

Here the conservatives only won by 27 votes in 2015, yet they are still predicting there is a likelyhood of 65% they will win again.

martinhutch

Eek! 97% chance of Con hold for our constituency

Are you Skipton/Ripon Bob? It’s actually 100% if so, as the local Libdems, who polled quite respectably up to the 2015 disaster, have decided not to stand as part of a shabby deal with the Greens to focus on Harrogate.

That’s my tactical vote up in smoke.

whitestone
    Free Member

Yes I am. And I know what you mean about the deal.

andytherocketeer

89% Con Hold probability.

That’s a CON-LAB flip-flop marginal.
    Bob Marshall-Andrews the Labour rebel used to hold that seat. Now Labour are doing so well they’re predicting 58% CON, 17% LAB, 17% UKIP.
    last time out, CON stole that seat back from the Tory to UKIP defector.

Interesting site, though.
    Now off to see what they predict the HoC might look like if their predictions are right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘General election- is there a stats website showing county/area voting history?’ is closed to new replies.