Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Geeky PSA; 'The Joy of Train Sets: The Model Railway Story' – BBC4 9pm
  • househusband

I’m not normally one for PSA’s and will probably be outing myself as a closet nerd (actually never had a toy railway) and I’m not going to defend myself… this is a repeat and I’ll watch it again; I loved the history of it all and the old black and white footage. I do recall the prize-winning scenes/sets created by a couple; you had to remind yourself you were looking at a model not the real thing.

Cougar

Thanks for that. Just told me OH, she was well chuffed.

(Coat, please)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Cheers!

Still have my N-Guage railway. Still love it.

Cougar

That one Nokia made?

rewski
    Free Member

I’ll be watching that again. Reading a Frank Hornby biog at the moment. Would love to take my boys to that huge model railway in Germany.

project
    Free Member

Real steam trains on now bbc4,

Also last week rode down Binns road Liverpol the home of Hornby and Meccano, now all gone and a good book to read “Factory of dreams” the story of Meccano and Hornby and the destruction of both companies only to be sold off .

mt
    Free Member

With you on the real steam though love my model trains also. Spent time polishing Bahamas at Dinting Railway Centre when I was a nipper. Gutted when it was closed.

woody21
    Free Member

They hadn’t developed the Dinting site last time I was up that way – such a waste

mt
    Free Member

Agree woody. Apparently when the lad owner kicked out the steam society the council made it clear it would be a long while before there was any development permission. At the time it was the only tourist attraction for Glossop, newts changed. Made a good cheeky jump park for some though.

Just finished watching that steam programme, what really great people!

woody21
    Free Member

Just watched this on iplayer – very interesting

munrobiker
    Free Member

Can’t wait to watch this tonight on i-player- the wife had put up with an hour of “The Golden Age of Steam” which was excellent (and narrated by Jenny Aguter, which sort of legitimises it as serious telly) so couldn’t watch it last night.

woody21
    Free Member

I tried to plea bargain to watch last night, unfortunately Mrs W was not in a negotiating mood.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Geeky PSA; 'The Joy of Train Sets: The Model Railway Story' – BBC4 9pm’ is closed to new replies.