Gee Atherton’s Foxhunt video

Home Forum Bike Forum Gee Atherton’s Foxhunt video

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gee Atherton’s Foxhunt video
  • ajantom

Person who is serious, in being serious shock.

Not much of a surprise, Gee’s always come across as very focussed and serious. Rob Warner he ain’t!

chrisyork

Actually I think I’ve got my vids mixed up, was 2016 he unavoidably rode into a lad on a Nukeproof…. no-one’s fault but you’d expect him to shout “you alright” but nothing…. yeah maybe I’m being swayed by Rob a Warner style riding or Claudio….who are top drawer! Claudio for 2018 please!!!!!!!

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

different rider in different style shocker

chrisyork

Watched this……anyone else think he was a bit quiet? Hugely talented but I got bored!! Even ran into someone who’d fallen off and didn even say anything.

In a total contrast watching Loic Bruni was brilliant! He was fun, inventive, jeering everyone on, asking fallers if they were alright, whooping and laughing….

Am I on my own thinking this?

lyrikal

He might not have said much but his riding was seriously impressive. The video doesn’t do the trail justice. It’s very steep and technical and some of his line choices are mental.

I was there on the Saturday with my camera and no bike. Happened to bump into Gee, Bruni and Warner on the trail for a photo shoot. Gee is just a quieter guy than the others. Loic Bruni was loving the whole event and having a ball. Rob Warner was just his usual funny self.

It was a good fun event and is attracting more big names every year. Phil Atwill and Greg Callahan are two I can think of now but there were others who were great to watch.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I’d go with focussed and quiet rather than a Robot, had a bit of a chat at Cairns when he was with the GB guys nice enough just not letting it all hang out there. Though he was insta-smile when the camera turned to him – at the moment it must be hard to not hit those highs from before and the injuries are stacking up.

oikeith

Gee’s video had a lot more gnarlier crashes in front of him and in his wake then Loic’s IMO.

The two guys who were ahead of him after the wider bit with some jumps before the trees stacked it massively! How Gee managed to dodge em is impressive enough!

chrisyork

You’d just think for something like that with no pressure to perform he’d just have a laugh. I think Downhilling by the sounds of it is such a mental battle because your head has to be in it and getting injured must be hard to get over.

I suppose I shouldn’t be so harsh I’d just expect him to enjoy himself more but he does just actually take it more seriously I suppose….still oozes talent though!

Premier Icon euans2
    Subscriber

I’d just expect him to enjoy himself more

Who say he didn’t? You dont have to be vocal to enjoy yourself.

lyrikal

Apart from the flat bit at the top the track there is pretty full on. Especially the lines Gee was taking. I would imagine he had more to think about than one liners and he was taking it pretty seriously too.

Colin Ross was a bit more vocal

Loic Bruni was just loving the whole thing and not worrying where he finished

chrisyork

That’s really what I meant too, if I was spending the money to ride against pro’s then I’d want it to be pro’s who weren’t too fussed where they came but we’re still trying, so long as somehow they made as many people as possible think …..that was top drawer and those riders were a different gravy, I saw the Martyn Ashton speech at the cycle show and i came away thinking he was an even nicer fella than I expected. Next time i think if you’re videoing the whole thing then it’s gotta be rowdier!

whatnobeer

Is there a link to the video? I’ve seen the Bruni one, but not Gee’s

chrisyork

Sure there’s plenty of content on dirtmountainbike, here you go. He did incredibly well but I just hear all the cheering for him and he’s not racing for points so why not at least acknowledge a few….. https://dirtmountainbike.com/videos/watch-gee-athertons-foxhunt-gopro.html

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.