Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Gee Atherton gets a few tips from PinkBike
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I like Mike Levy’s style…

stewartc
    Free Member

Good call, it’s difficult to see just how good the pro’s are but these and the Hot Laps videos really help put it into perspectuce.
    Have to say that Gee, and all the other riders, always do see to come across as really friendly and happy to discuss what they do and why.

pictonroad

Love this, thanks for posting it. 😎

krixmeister

That was a lot of fun to watch, and not normally the kind of stuff I would watch. Thanks!

weeksy

Good stuff.

ML : So what about here
    GA : Just over that, through there and then jump that gap….
    ML : No.

😀

hahahaha. He’s clearly a very good rider in his own right, but Atherton is a whole world above him.

muggomagic

It’s a great series, they just need to do a lot more of them.
    Mike Levy always comes across as a great laugh in the videos he does, loved that bit
    “What he did there…was apply a lot more skill and knowledge.”
    Levy is clearly no slouch on the bike as he shows towards the end of the video, just goes to show just how big the gap is from really good rider to pro rider.

mogrim

That was great, not that you’d ever get me down that run!

kayak23

Good video. Gee is such a sick rider. Riding bikes is his job though so he should be good at it.

I make furniture for a job. I bet Gee Atherton would be shit at making a wardrobe 😉😀

martymac

Kayak, probably.
    But i have noticed that people who are ‘exceptionally’ good at something have a tendency to be able to turn their hand to something else ‘relatively’ easily.

kayak23

Yes very true.

Atherton bikes first, Atherton wardrobes next? 🤔😂

honourablegeorge

Interesting to see how Gee is much more visible these days (and showing a much more chilled side to him), doing the course previews, videos like this, and he’s even headed back to Rampage. All about generating as much profile as possible, keeping the bikes visible, etc. It’s quite a nice story – the massive success they’ve had collectively, and now a bike business and a bike park for when the racing comes to an end.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Atherton bikes first, Atherton wardrobes next? 🤔😂

Yep, imagine this with printed lugs and carbon tubes

kayak23

I think he was always chilled and up for the bantz. He’s just been tagged as serious but really that’s just his race face. If you look at the old Atherton project video series, he’s up for the crack as much as anyone.

big_scot_nanny

I really enjoyed the Atherton Project podcast/video things, still got some somewhere. It was amazing that the three of them were at the top of their game at the same time.

Loved the pink bike vid, more of that please Gee.

And I do love the bikes too 🙂

andybrad

i watched this last night and thought it was brilliant.

The thing that got me was the way he could consider the line choice. i fail at this and the way he could commit and ride it was brilliant. the way ml just held on on one bit was proof to that.

honourablegeorge

kayak23

I think he was always chilled and up for the bantz. He’s just been tagged as serious but really that’s just his race face. If you look at the old Atherton project video series, he’s up for the crack as much as anyone.

Oh yeah, I just mean he’s able to be a bit more relaxed as a whole. I think i was Bryceland who was critical of him being overly serious, but that was just Gee being super professional, while Bryceland was at the other end of the scale.

chiefgrooveguru

That was great. Mike can definitely ride but that step up to a top pro like Gee is HUGE. Some of those trails looked steep on camera so I presume they’re very very very very steep in real life!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Loved it – Gee deadpanning it at the start was hilarious – but it’s really interesting to see just how differently people like him see lines.

If you really want to see insane, watch Gee and Dan’s “chilled” run down the race line at Dyfi. Just nuts.

moshimonster
    Free Member

Awesome stuff and a great sense of humour from both guys. Those sort of lines are well beyond what I would dare to ride at any speed. Still interesting to see the relative difference between a really strong, confident rider and a top level pro. Same applies to any sport really. Pros are pros for good reason.

DezB
    Free Member

Great stuff that.

There’s a good video of a “normal” rider visiting Dyfi Bike Park – Dan rides with them for a bit. Entertaining for it’s “I’m Scared.. oh I just rode it!” vibe.

VanHalen

‘I’d be a **** Angry Pirate if i had to ride that again….’

genius.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

For sure this is the sort of content I want to see. And I maybe learned something from it as well.

One of my mates (great rider) got the opportunity to ride with Steve Peat last year. He was astounded at bits where Steve would be significantly smoother & faster on trails we feel we are smashing and are close to the top of strava. There is always someone faster than you !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Gee Atherton gets a few tips from PinkBike’ is closed to new replies.