Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gear Outer on the role- which one?
  • Speshpaul

looking to to buy a roll/box of gear outer, what’s the current best price vs reasonable quality deal out there?
    Cheers
    Paul

coatesy
    Free Member

Shimano SP41, with SP4 sealed end-caps, is the only one i’d ever recommend. We used to use cheaper stuff for the student market, but anything decent always got the Shimano because it was reliable, trouble free, and long lasting.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I was looking for some too, I found 25m boxed rolls of shimano sp41 in a few colours at R2-bike.com for under £25 before p&p or 50m grey under £50

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Got my R2 delivery today 25 metre boxed roll, works out at 25 quid, and a debonair c1 spring 170mm for 15 quid, the box was big enough to fit about 10 more rolls in, and the mile of brown paper packaging might come in handy for something, it’s so ridiculous, zee Germans do have a history of going OTT.

devash
    Free Member

SP41, Optislick inner cable and those sealed aluminium endcaps which are a pain to find = best shifting experience in my opinion.

Northwind

Big box of SP41 for me too, it’ll last the rest of my life probably! I endlessly reuse endcaps, and inners ime aren’t such a big deal-the shimano coated ones are nice but anything stainless works fine ime. I got a load of clarks ones a while back and they do fine in the shimano outers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.