• This topic has 50 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • GB olympic kit
  • jfletch
    Free Member

Oooh looks nice…

… hang on a minute? Turquoise? WTF?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

pictures?

clubber
    Free Member

A bit disappointing IMO.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17457729

I think that the Altanta 96 kit was the best recently.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IHN

Have you seen the pic of Sir Chris in the kit. More to the point, his thighs 😯

trickydisco
    Free Member

ocrider

Whats that thing with brakes, gears and wobbly forks doing behind him?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

get a good roast dinner out of those thighs

IHN

In Cycling Weekly the other, er, week, they revealed that Sir Chris can leg-press 630kg…

hels
    Free Member

What is with all the black – or is that just my computer ??

Good color and all that, especially on the Kiwi team and the All Blacks.

mdb
    Free Member

Forget the kit, look at the Ennis.

clubber
    Free Member

Some reaction on Twitter said the designs were “too blue” and looked like they were for a Scottish rather than a GB team.

One, @donaldjdonald, said: “Turquoise, white and blue is the new red, white and blue apparently. Did someone forget to order the red dye for the Team GB Olympic kit?”

Asked about the criticism, McCartney told the BBC: “I wanted to start with the Union Flag, but I’m really aware the red, white and blue are in other people’s flags and it’s qute confusing when you are watching… is that America, is that France?

“I wanted to make it slightly more delicate and have more texture.

“It’s very recognisable still, I’ve represented all the parts of GB. There’s a lot of red in there, but in a non-traditional way.”

Not convinced, Stella. I think it looks good as a design, just not very GB and I really think that the Union Jack is a great bit of design in itself. I think that the GB cycling kit looks brilliant and it’s never confused for US or French kit.

mefty
    Free Member

Gopping – are they sponsored by network Rail

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not doing anything for me I’m afraid. The kit above looked great imo

eyerideit
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    get a good roast dinner out of those thighs

Enough meat for an entire Harvester me thinks.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Not enough red in the design.

And forget CH’s thighs. I’m more interested in Jess Eniss’es’s.

That is all.

EDIT: “There’s a lot of red in there, but in a non-traditional way” … ah, I see, turquoise is the less traditional version of red. I can see how they’re easily confused. idiot.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s all a bit wrong really. Looks like the corporate theme for a really dull company, and doesn’t say ‘GB’ to me at all- Scotland maybe.

I see what she’s saying about wanting to do something different with recognisable elements like the Union Jack etc. but it hasn’t come off- the baby’s gone out with the bathwater.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Gopping – are they sponsored by network Rail

😀
    Looks like the kit’s already been through the washing machine 50 times, but they forgot to use Daz ColourFast.

And WTF!!!?

Has she taken up Judo?

AndyP
    Free Member

Absolutely hideous, but given the Lisa Simpson logo, I guess it was only to be expected.
    WTF is the X-factor thing on Iduwo’s top?

jfletch
    Free Member

This is what happens when you mix arty farty fashion designers with Germans!

cp

Individually, I quite like the designs. Together, in the photo above, they look gash and insconsistent.

And not using red in the union flag? WHY? That’s the ID, it’s the ‘brand’ of the UK. How was using turquoise allowed to get past an idea???

clubber
    Free Member

jfletch – Member

I’d put good money on Adidas not making a lot of the kit – It’s quite common for the current kit manufacturers for a given sport to make the kit but to put the Adidas (or whatever) branding on it.

AndyP
    Free Member

the BMX kit…how to make an athlete look very unathletic. Brilliant.

pictonroad

I was just thinking that about the BMX kit, is it just the kit???

mefty
    Free Member

Why is an Ice Hockey Goalie’s kit being modelled?

AndyP
    Free Member

I was just thinking that about the BMX kit, is it just the kit???
    It’s not Shanaze making it look unathletic, put it that way. Proper animal.

crikey
    Free Member

This really annoys me.

Designers? I’ve shit ’em.

IT’S THE MOST ICONIC FLAG IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, IT’S RED AND WHITE AND BLUE AND IT ALWAYS LOOKS GREAT BUT YOU STUPID MONKEYS HAVE SAT IN YOUR STUPID OFFICE AND MANAGED TO COCK IT UP.

HELEN BLOODY KELLER COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB YOU TOSSPOT DIMWITS.

So, overall, I’m not that keen.

AndyP
    Free Member

Is it just me who is wondering if they are going to go to hell by suggesting that some of the legs in that top photo are somewhat more toned than others?

lipseal
    Free Member

Couple of things spring to mind regarding the colour choice
    1: (like her dad) No taste?
    2 : Colour blind?
    3: Printer was running out of coloured ink?

How much has it all cost ?

mcboo
    Free Member

I like it. Especially with Ennis in it.

What is it with heptathlete shapely figures? Oh my.

crikey
    Free Member

Designed by Stella McCartney.
    Keeping up the family tradition of being over-rated and crap but getting paid lots for it.

crikey
    Free Member

Ennis? Shapely?

She has the figure of a little girl; ‘ave a word!

scaredypants

Oh, dear god

You know the other day, when it appeared that “dozy bint” was inappropriate terminology, …

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I appear to be the only person in Britain that thinks they should have dumped the Union flag element of the design altogether. Much prefer something like the national cycling jerseys that feature the colours but don’t make any further reference to the flag.

Oh and AndyP I may have to leave the country for my comment but you are surely going to hell for yours 🙂

Massively disappointing is an understatement. Hope McCartney wasn’t paid for that crap design. Can’t even get the Union flag right – epic fail.

grim168
    Free Member

At least Chris’s bikes the right colour.

meehaja
    Free Member

Perfectly adequate but a bit disappointing and could easily be much better. Pretty much sums up the whole thing, let alone the GB kit.

clubber
    Free Member
    jfletch
    Free Member

jfletch – Member

clubber – Member

I’d put good money on Adidas not making a lot of the kit – It’s quite common for the current kit manufacturers for a given sport to make the kit but to put the Adidas (or whatever) branding on it. Yeah, but it was Adidas and our Stella that did the design bit. Can’t blame the manufacturers for that.

I think if the turquoise bit was just changed to red it would all look rather good.

AlexSimon

Ha – Wiggo posted “Oh Dear, The Olympic kit!!” on Twitter which is about the first ‘personal’ comment he’s made in ages and it’s now disappeared. I wonder who pressured him.

“it’s important we’re all singing from the same hymn sheet”, etch no doubt.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘GB olympic kit’ is closed to new replies.