Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Gay Scottish minister – to be debated
  • project
    Free Member

Perhaps the Church and all the hangerson,before inflicting their pointless and silly rules on a not to careing society,if they care so much for the poor why do they own huge vicarages,have not converted churches to flats for rent to homeless people,refuse to modernise the old staid ways of doing things, ring bells every sunday,why not play dance music,then they have the cheek to refuse hamster loveing gays to become a minister in a failing and archaic system, that has little place in modern society.

SamThomas
    Free Member

ring bells every sunday,why not play dance music

Brilliant idea!

Out of interest, does anyone know whether Muslims or any other religion accept gay leaders?

project
    Free Member

Muslims dont like women or gays, seems as if youre out of luck.

AdamW
    Free Member

Buddhists don’t care about sexuality that much. If you’re ordained as a monk though then any sex is a big no-no. Even with hamsters.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Interestingly, nobody seems to have bothered to point out that the CofS General Assembly actually affirmed Scott’s call to Queen’s Cross on Saturday night.

The wider question raised about the appropriateness of ordaining practising homosexuals has been referred for discussion by the wider Church of Scotland.

On a similar vein, I’m not sure what some people are proposing if, as a society, we don’t have certain boundaries and norms that are enforced by sanctions, where people’s ‘privacy’ is seen as secondary to this process. We do it all the time, in tandem with the ongoing debate about which boundaries and norms are appropriate.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Interestingly, nobody seems to have bothered to point out that the CofS General Assembly actually affirmed Scott’s call to Queen’s Cross on Saturday night.

Apart from this post :

Gary_M – Member

The Church of Scotland voted on Saturday evening to uphold the decision to appoint the Reverend Scott Rennie to Queen’s Cross Church.

Am I the only one to see the comedy value in this.

Posted 2 days ago # Report-Post

konabunny
    Free Member

does anyone know whether Muslims or any other religion accept gay leaders?

No, no, no, the Ern police says you’re not allowed to be interested in the matter unless you’re a paid-up member of that congregation.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

PC Ern here takes a very deep interest indeed, in other peoples beliefs, traditions, and cultures.

I am blessed by working in an industry in which christian anglo-saxons appear to be a rapidly vanishing minority. It gives me a unique opportunity to work along side africans, asians, east europeans, west indians, muslims, sheiks, and even, Seventh Day Advents.

I always insist on learning as much as I can about their religions, politics, and customs. Something which I find truly fascinating, and something which I always find people are very willing to share if you show a genuine interest.

I have been to religious services in a Taiwanese temple and also a Taoist temple. Last year I fulfilled a long held ambition and attended Friday Prayers at my local mosque. I spent about an hour with a couple of imans while they answered my questions about islam.

But tell me bunny, which bit of, ‘I think people should live their lives as they choose’ don’t you understand ?

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Gay Scottish minister – to be debated’ is closed to new replies.