Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Gay cyclists.
  • dantsw13

Isn’t about 1:10 of the male population gay? With that in mind, and the fact that a lot of the gay guys I work with look after themselves pretty well, I’d suggest there would be quite a lot.

TBH, I’m surprised we are even talking about this non issue any more..

crazy-legs

LOL @ AdamW. 🙂

I was at a race a while ago and, watching the prize presentation for the women’s race, they just used the same podium girl as for all the other races – quite right too, why wouldn’t you?

I overheard one of the women in the crowd say to a friend “If I’d just been doing all that cycling I’d like a hug from a nice looking young man rather than from a girl”

I knew for certain that at least one of the women on the podium would have much preferred the girl. Told her about that comment afterwards, she fell about laughing. 🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

We used to have a lesbian mechanic who rode with an outfit called Dykes on Bikes (and was a damn fine road racer).
    Provided excellent entertainment when blokes would come in and say stuff like “It’s a mechanical thing love, I’ll need to speak to one of the fitters”.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

Surprisingly after many years of cycling havent met one gay male cyclist,out of the bike shed, but have met a few lesbian ones, which seems to be more acceptable to announce, or you findout by accident, like when you see them kissing their girlfreind. 😳

But there do seem to be a lot of bicurious on here lately, should liven up a bike ride somewhat.

edlong
    Free Member

On a more serious note has anyone ever actually met a gay mountain biker? Not trying to be funny or anything just never met any?

No idea. I’ve met a fair number of mountain bikers, but since I didn’t want to shag any of them, their sexuality didn’t come up.

Surprisingly after many years of cycling havent met one gay male cyclist

Seriously? You’ve asked every cyclist you’ve ever met what their sexuality was? Did they not find that a bit weird? I would.

finbar
    Free Member

I’m really struggling to see the humour in this thread.

nick1962
    Free Member

mattjg
    Free Member

I think there’s some meta-humour: it’s funny what once was often regarded as funny.

crazy-legs

We used to have a lesbian mechanic who rode with an outfit called Dykes on Bikes (and was a damn fine road racer).
    Provided excellent entertainment when blokes would come in and say stuff like “It’s a mechanical thing love, I’ll need to speak to one of the fitters”.

I knew a mechanic at a London bike shop like that. Lovely girl, brilliant mechanic but came out with some cracking one-liners when anyone said things like that to her. Or indeed when any male customers tried to ask her out.
    One guy came in and asked to talk to a mechanic, she asked how she could help, he repeated, she said “yes, I’m a mechanic, how can I help?” and this stand off continued until eventually she shouted very loudly into the workshop:
    “THIS GENTLEMAN WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WITH A PENIS!”

officialtob
    Free Member

On a more serious note has anyone ever actually met a gay mountain biker?

Well you can all say you’ve (virtually) met one now. 🙂

Ironically, I’m not a mincer on the bike either.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

I seem to have time travelled back to the 1980s.

Well done everyone.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I was haunted by two gay ghosts for a while.

They put the willie’s up me…

😳

excitable1
    Free Member

Gay then….. ?

mogrim

Well you can all say you’ve (virtually) met one now.
    Ironically, I’m not a mincer on the bike either.

Think AdamW beat you to it.

No idea if he minces or not.

natrix
    Free Member

I know at least 5 lesbian cyclists but no gay cyclist. What on earth does this say about me????

ampthill

Not really met. Saw her win a world title and wandering around before hand

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That’s Missy Giove. She won a lot of DH, wore a dead piranha (see above pic) and did a lot of dope. She was nails.

ampthill

Shame the habit became a whole bootful. Is she still inside?

A great rider

haydenw
    Free Member

I once did a image search for Gary Oldman and thought “Wow he’s really let himself go!” Then i realised i left out the r…

pinhead
    Free Member

This guy looks a right gayer

anagallis_arvensis

Is it just me that finds this thread at best utterly pointless and at worst offensive?

ampthill

Is it just me that finds this thread at best utterly pointless and at worst offensive?

True. But without threads in this category what we have left?

samuri
    Free Member

It’s utterly pointless for sure but with the possible exception of one ill thought out comment I’d struggle to see how it’s offensive. There’s certainly no malice in the pink jokes, they all seem to be very light hearted and are exactly the sorts of things the gay guys I know take the piss out of themselves about.

There are of course people who seek out things to be offended by. We can talk about gay people and even makes jokes about them without it being nasty.

project
    Free Member

Its life, some riders maybe looking for gay riders,for a club ride or for freindship some will honestly be wishing to know how many who ride who are gay, if youre offended you must lead a very sheltered life or still be in the closet bike shed or you just dont like gay people.

Remember only in 1967 was gay sex made legal, later the age of consent was lowered to what it is now,where gay clubs where underground and hiden from public gaze, where men and women where sacked or suspended for their sexuality,or worse attacked and sometimes killed.

Thankfully now we have openly gay pop stars, Mps,tv and film stars, and probably one or two gay proffesional cyclists like …………………..

As for being offensive, perhaps you could point out the offensive bits or troll off to some other forum for a few days.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFmeURLVtKM[/video]

😛

unklehomered
    Free Member

I like this thread, It dawned on me a while ago (several years) I had become somehow a participant & big fan of a very straight, white sport. It made me a bit uncomfortable, being white, middle class, and so always a bit riddled with guilt about stuff. Recently it has seemed less so, that’s ace! As for the posters, that language, it is by its nature funny!

leonidbrezhnev
    Free Member

Loads of gay mountain bikers on the Marin Trail this weekend as we welcome back Outdoor Lads to North Wales for their ‘Big Spring Camp’!

AdamW
    Free Member

No idea if he minces or not.

Depends. To wind up very uptight people, yes. Normally, no.

Though on the bike I was a bit of a mincer, but am getting better! 😀

cookeaa

On a more serious note has anyone ever actually met a gay mountain biker? Not trying to be funny or anything just never met any?

Dunno, probably. But then how would I know. Typically you meet another MTBer and discuss your shared interest (cycling). I’ve not yet tried to conduct a trail side Gender preferences survey.

Of course the real question is does such a thing actually matter to you?

ftr1873
    Free Member

These Two?!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Offensive to who exactly, you?. I’ve been updating this thread to my lad who thinks it’s amusing.
    Stop being so…..whatever the word is.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Uptight

moridinbg
    Free Member

Funny thing – in Bulgarian pedal (?????) is the slang for gay. No idea where did it come from, but you can guess the kind and amount of jokes it provokes (:

leffeboy

Shame the habit became a whole bootful. Is she still inside?

(Missy Giove)

Note sure she ever actually went to prison but afaik she is on parole now

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Gay cyclists.’ is closed to new replies.