Gave the "hairdryer" treatment to a driver this morning…

Home Forum Bike Forum Gave the "hairdryer" treatment to a driver this morning…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Gave the "hairdryer" treatment to a driver this morning…
  • Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

I’ve found making eye contact when possible seems to make a massive difference. It’s like that’s the point where a driver stops treating me as an object.

+1

Although I once made eye contact with a driver who then decided to cut me up whilst still looking at me.

The driver was of this profession and location

So you felt justified in mouthing off at a driver.

Would it not have been better just to carry on as if nothing had happened therefore eliminating the posibility? That if so minded? and he might have been some kind of mentalist, got out of his car and kicked the living crap out of you

Sometimes its just not worth it

fin25

I live at the bottom of a biggish hill that’s very popular with cyclists.
    On the way home a couple of hours ago in the car, me and wifey were behind two cyclists coming down the hill, no point trying to overtake as there are a few blind summits and corners (plus they were touching 50mph on their bikes anyway!). So by halfway down the hill another car comes up behind, no worries…Then out of nowhere, a black Seat comes out from behind the car behind me and nails it past all of us over a blind summit and into a blind bend. As he gets to the cyclists (Seat doing well over 60 by now), one of whom is (quite fairly in my opinion) in the primary position in his lane, he sees another cyclist coming up the hill, so moves in on the downhill cyclist in the primary. I genuinely do not know how he missed everyone…
    I wanted to chase him down myself for a bit of a chat (or at least to get his reg number) but he was long gone…
    it really scares me that people think they can drive that way… 👿

Jeffus

Car drivers in general seem ok but there is a minority who are just unbeleivable tossers, with no regard for other peoples safety, I just cant beleive why they dont care, just because your on a bike.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Cyclists in general seem ok but there is a minority who are just unbeleivable tossers, with no regard for other peoples safety, I just cant beleive why they dont care, just because they are on a bike.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Repeat for any group of road users.

cfinnimore

At no danger to my own health, I like to spot “random puller outers with window open” so I have an excuse for
    “MIRROR,SIGNAL, THEN maneuver” or

“Good thing I saw you, you didn’t see me”.

Junction Red Light Jumpers also get it, cause I’m bitter.

dpfr

From personal experience I do not recommend “Oh, so you bought the cheap one without indicators then”

That conversation degenerated very rapidly…..

brooess

From personal experience I do not recommend “Oh, so you bought the cheap one without indicators then”

That conversation degenerated very rapidly…..

That’s the dilemma – it’s hardly an antagonistic comment you made, but there are some real psychos out there who are essentially looking for justification to harm you – but you can’t identify them until pretty late on in proceedings… 🙁

Some drivers just make mistakes and if you have a word, they’ll get the point, or at least they won’t try and punch you for it. Others are angry people who can’t cope with criticism who’ll come and punch you for letting them know you nearly got hurt. Some (a minority I give you, but a very very dangerous minority) will essentially set the situation up to get a reaction from you as an excuse to then run you off the road or come and batter you…

What you can’t tell is where on this spectrum the person who nearly put you in hospital sits…

cfinnimore

As an aside, there are some terribly violent bike riders…

The “entrapment” scenario works both ways. They’re usually the individuals gloating about taking mirrors off with D Locks.

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

Ive punched a wing mirror off after a driver came very close to rear ending me across a junction whilst i was stopped at a red light.
    I completely lost it, would have attacked the driver if i could have physically reached him and punched the mirror off in sheer red mist frustration.
    Its not a good feeling, in fact i was so ashamed i actually dobbed myself in to the police & reported myself for a road rage incident.

Its not something i would advise.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Gave the "hairdryer" treatment to a driver this morning…’ is closed to new replies.