Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gatwick Parking?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Having a mooch about today for my trip away in September, two weeks and two days, and the costs are coming in at about £140 and upwards. As well as the drive down, hotel the night before, the costs are escalating. Wondered if anybody had any clever solutions? there’s two of us in separate vehicles (driving from West Midlands and Darlington respectively) so would be prepared to park somewhere secure and then pay to park in just one vehicle and at least share the costs.

40mpg

Dos your hotel not include parking for the duration? Many of them do, included in the cost.

Otherwise, yes, £140 seems par for the course

thepurist

Is that on site parking? I’ve used cophall parking a couple of times, a few mins away but great service and not as spendy.

nickjb
    Free Member

nickjb
    Free Member

We’ve did hotel parking last time. Was about £60 for a night in the hotel, parking for a week and pick up/drop off was £5 extra. Very slick operation and we didn’t need to get up that early as the hotel was about 10 mins away.

jimdubleyou

You must be parking in the terminal for that amount?

We’ve done two weeks in the long stay for less than £60.

Pretty sure Mrs Dubleyous folks did the hotel night before / parking thing at the Ibis.

Was nowhere near £140.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

APH off-airport are pretty good, or possibly do an off-site hotel arrangement. The hotels on-site, Bloc, Sofitel and Hilton aren’t cheap and I don’t think they bundle parking in cheap deals. One of the North terminal short stay car parks is shut because of structural issues and the Airport’s own Long-stay bus service sucks…
    Lots of discounts availaable via Purple Parking or other sites if you sign up to their emails…

revs1972
    Free Member

We got the National express from my parents in Bristol last time we went from Gatwick. Think we paid £30 each return and stayed at premier inn for £49 right at the airport

nickthegreek
    Free Member

I stop in Horley every week for business. If you like B&B’s try http://www.gable-end.com/. I’ve been there for 5 years and can highly recommend it. Joe and Mary offer free transfers (both ways I think) to Gatwick.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gatwick Parking?’ is closed to new replies.