Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 509 total)
  • Gatwick, drones
  • Caher

54! Gosh drone mismanagement does not age you.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Surely someone’s hit the wrong key, 44 I could believe but no way is she 54. Sorry meant to say string her up!

funkmasterp

Who needs Nivea, I’m buying me a drone for some age defying action!

taxi25
    Free Member

Naming this couple untill charged totally stinks !!!! Every time I look at social media all I see is thier pictures and name’s.Untill proven guilty nobody deserves that level of negative exposure 🤨

mikey74
    Free Member

Naming this couple untill charged totally stinks !!!! Every time I look at social media all I see is thier pictures and name’s.Untill proven guilty nobody deserves that level of negative exposure 🤨

I was about to say the same thing. Its completely out of order.

garlando

She used to be my neighbor. Can’t imagine her risking a broken nail on this kind of exploit. Still suspect they have nicked the nearest model aircraft enthusiast in desperation.

DrJ

Naming this couple untill charged totally stinks !!!!

Well, just look at who’s doing that – the Torygraph, who had “Drones blamed on eco-warriors” as their headline on Friday. Without missing a step they now name the suspects. Gutter journalism from a once-reputable paper.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’d love to know what this bit of kit in the middle of the pic is (hoping it’s a fully automated tracking and laser blasting gizmo):

dudeofdoom

Hmm didn’t see any utube videos of the drone vaporising 🙁

dudeofdoom

It’s a weird one this whole episode tbh no manifesto or utube rvolutionay video.
    Not Really superb journalism just posting their Facebook pictures.

matt_outandabout

I’m still thinking there is more to the whole episode than we currently know publicly.

dudeofdoom

Sales drive for anti drone tech.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m still thinking there is more to the whole episode than we currently know publicly.

100% with you on that one. Nothing is really adding up so far, the lack of any kind of story coming out as to the motivation is very strange.

richmars

In the photo above, the large box with round lens is, apparently, the Falcon Shield System, from Leonardo. Two lenses, visible and IR, and laser range finder.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Still suspect they have nicked the nearest model aircraft enthusiast in desperation.

If they’re keen drone flyers innocently launching in Tillgate Park, launching in their garden or innocently carrying a drone past Gatwick or somesuch, it’s entirely possible someone put 2 + 2 together and came up with 5.

I also wonder if there’s good evidence that these two were responsible for every drone sighted or if they’re copycat drone launchers.

Wonder if we’ll ever get the full story? If they plead guilty there won’t be a trial.

kerley
    Free Member

I would put money on it not being them and agree they should not be in the papers (just as all other arrested people). I wouldn’t be surprised it Russia had some links to it in which case we won’t need to do anything.

Klunk
    Free Member
    oldtennisshoes

Nice bit of compo will be heading their way hopefully. Whoever leaked their names needs sanctioning.

Houns

£85 million worth of NHS cuts snuck through whilst all this was going on in the news

#makesyouthink

outofbreath
    Free Member

no longer suspects

So the drone sightings stopped at exactly the moment the Public thought they should stop even though the real culprits were still at large.

“Battle of Los Angeles” scenario back on the table AFAIC.

martinhutch

Whoever leaked their names needs sanctioning.

Doubt they were leaked. It is hard to have your house in Crawley covered in police tape for two days without some kind neighbour phoning it in, and other kind acquaintances filling in the gaps.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or the amount of hardware and people on the ground have put them off, they have got away with it for now.
    Given there have been no stated aims or publicity it possible looks more like a criminal aim weather that be to distract or something else.

rmacattack
    Free Member

This trial by media needs quashed. Name and reputation now branded and on display for the world.

I’m with the tin foil hatters now on this one. Very odd secarnio. A side track from theresa may in the news, some government ploy etc. I just can’t take the uk seriously anymore.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Doubt they were leaked. It is hard to have your house in Crawley covered in police tape for two days without some kind neighbour phoning it in, and other kind acquaintances filling in the gaps.

In addition to a cheque with a lot of zeros on it from the media for libel I hope there will be a few bottles of wine from the neighbours who seem to have been pretty quick to give pejorative interviews. …and the guy’s boss.

Still, all’s well that ends well, I suspect they’ll be able to retire off this Chris Jefferies stylee.

Klunk
    Free Member

24 hrs in custody on what evidence ? the they are local and have flown/own drones jesus. I shall expect every person local to a bank robbery and that have money in their pockets to suffer the same fate.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Or the amount of hardware and people on the ground have put them off,

Yup, that’s a valid hypothesis, too.

outofbreath
    Free Member

24 hrs in custody on what evidence ? the they are local and have flown/own drones jesus

Agree. …and arrested so DNA taken. Arrest is being used as punishment these days. 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

i would have thought the police released the names to the press, probably getting nowhere with the interrogation, hoping someone would grass them up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Arrest is being used as punishment these days.

I think as was pointed out when the old fella stabbed the burglers arrest also gives you a more defined legal stand point. And some rights that are useful to them. Though one of the resident coppers can probably explain that better.

Klunk
    Free Member

now offering £50,000 reward

outofbreath
    Free Member

Given they were totally cooperative I can’t say I’m convinced this Arrest really met the “necessity” criteria in 2.9:

https://www.gmpcc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/PACE-Code-G-2012.pdf

To protect them?

outofbreath
    Free Member

I think as was pointed out when the old fella stabbed the burglers arrest also gives you a more defined legal stand point. And some rights that are useful to them. Though one of the resident coppers can probably explain that better.

….he very clearly met the ‘necessity’ critera.

These two don’t seem to AFAICT, unless there was a concern they’d be lynched by angry passengers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well I guess that if/when they sell their story or go for compensation we will know all the details of the why.
    Perhaps they only made you think they were being cooperative, all mind games there!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Well I guess that if/when they sell their story or go for compensation we will know all the details of the why.
    Perhaps they only made you think they were being cooperative, all mind games there!

Yup, all conjecture, we don’t know, and maybe never will.

I still find it hard to imagine what credible evidence there could have been, but who knows.

Flaperon

I think that having seen the front page of the Mail on Sunday in the newsagent this morning that they’ll be owed a fair bit of compensation.

Even if they were charged I think that headline is probably sufficient to influence the outcome of any trial.

Typical Mail bullshit.

sharkbait
    Free Member

They’ve found drone!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ahhh, that’s what that bit of kit in the picture was [part of]
    drone dome

kilo

Arrest necessary to allow the prompt and effective investigation of the allegations, special warnings in interview and PACE search powers etc as detailed in the document linked to.

timidwheeler

The necessity criteria would be for a prompt and effective investigation.

They need to split them up to interview them and make sure they couldn’t collude between interviews. They also wanted to conduct a house search and have the option of asking questions about any relevant items found during that search. Arrest would also allow for forensic options to be kept open.

maccruiskeen

I’d love to know what this bit of kit in the middle of the pic is (hoping it’s a fully automated tracking and laser blasting gizmo):

It’s a bog roll launcher

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Gatwick, drones’ is closed to new replies.