• This topic has 43 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cosy.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Gas & Electric Bills PCM for 2 People in 3 Bed House
  • flowerpower
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Apparently the LPG cost is about 40% higher than piped – so that explains a lot. Changing supplier isn’t that easy as they own the tanks and kit, so the new supplier has to ‘buy’ these from the old supplier. However the three main LPG suppliers seem to have similar tariffs.

So if LPG accounts for 40% of the cost, it would equate to about £140 per month mains cost. It still seems high to me, but maybe not as bad as I had first thought.

gonzy
    Free Member

3 bed terrace, 2 adults and 2 kids. we pay between £100 and £140 pcm for dual fuel. the price we pay varies depending on our consumption and the time of year. if we ahve overpaid which is normally the case we get the monthly payments down to less than £100. but on average its around the £120 mark.
    the house by the way is a mid terrace, about 100 years old, insulated and double glazed…but i still think we’re charged too much for our gas use as the only gas appliance is the boiler which is “a” rated and about 15months old….i get the feeling n power are taking me for a ride….

teamslug
    Free Member

3 Bed Detached. 2 Adults 2 Kids £ 75PCM. Good windows, loft insulation and cavity wall insulation. Fitted a woodburner last year. Can get downstairs rooms up to about 25 degrees on its own. Not sure how much i’m gonna save cos spent £100 on wood so far this year and I reckon I’ll need another load, but i reckon it would cost a damn site more to get rooms up to that temp with gas central heating.

cosy
    Free Member

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as to whether I am paying too much for my utility bills.
    I live in central london in a 3 bed house, living room, 2 WC, kitchen. Each of us pays into our joint account £100 to pay for the bills below and occasional cleaning products (should not be more than £10per month max). We also like to keep a bit of a buffer to ensure there is some money in the accout.

Average Council tax = £99
    Water=£24
    Internet (we do not own TV)=£20
    NPOWER (elec and gas) = £95 (electricity is about £75)

Am I contributing too much?? considering the above divided by 3 is about £80 per month per person?

thanks
    Cosy

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Gas & Electric Bills PCM for 2 People in 3 Bed House’ is closed to new replies.