Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Gary lineker vs the sun
  • PrinceJohn

Just saw a headline on the front page while getting my lunch suggesting it’s time for him to be sacked from match of the day…
    Now back at the office to have a Google to see what crimes he’s committed.. apparently he put a compassionate tweet out about migrants being human beings, something this excuse of a paper appears to suggest is all lies?

What strange times these are…

binners

Welcome to Brexit Britain! Where you don’t have to pretend you’re not a nasty, hate-filled little racist any more. It’s great!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

5 pages. Last three of which will be the same four posters.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ll put the kettle on….bring your own biscuits

aracer
    Free Member

I’d better get in early then.

Even with all I’ve seen of this country in the last few months, I’m still incredulous at the reaction to Lineker’s tweets. Some people really ought to be ashamed of themselves.

rOcKeTdOg

that reminds me, i need crisps for dinner

duckman

Gonzy; didn’t you get the memo? biscuits out/anything you can put jam on in.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Lineker, good English name. Mean’s ”Potato ambassador” in the old tongue.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Leftie handwringer acting like a leftie handwringer shocker.

binners

reactionary right wing bell end in reactionary right wing bell end shocka

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Goddam leftie handwringers getting in the way of good old fashioned xenophobia, bunch of bloody pooves the lot of ’em

unklehomered
    Free Member

ah, good, I was just trying to work out if I could embed that ^^^

Aristotle
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member
    Goddam leftie handwringers getting in the way of good old fashioned xenophobia, bunch of bloody pooves the lot of ’em

The Sun blow with the wind and they see that the wind is currently blowing in a very nasty direction.

jambalaya
    Free Member

BBC Sports presenter getting involved in politics.

slimjim78
    Free Member

The Sun blow with the wind

Thats where the answers are, my friend

P-Jay
    Free Member

He’s been acused of lying, but ‘The Sun’ – that’s right, ‘The Sun’… seriously. ‘The Sun’ is takign the moral high ground on speaking the truth…

My prediction:

He won’t be sacked by the BBC, or Walkers or whoever else.

He will be more popular than before as people who have zero interest in Football now know who he is.

Is may even be a turning point, these things are often a seemingly unimportant turn of events, because it’s argument number 9992034 or whatever that’s line has been drawn between Brexit and Remain but the right have **** up, because it’s an argument only the truly arsehole me, me, me right can be against him on and they’ve picked a fight with GARY LINEKER, I hate football, I’m not English but even I know the man can usually do no wrong in the public eye, they might as well have picked a fight with the Late Terry Wogan, David Attenborough or David Jason – they think it’s all over, it is now.

chakaping
    Free Member

In a weird way I’m kind of glad to see The Sun showing how ugly it can really be.

They’re not going to be doing themselves any favours at all in the long run and will regret this, I think.

edit: well said PJ – just what I was thinking, it could be a tipping point for a lot of people.

jimster01

The Sun / Mail / Express

All that is crap about this country.

PrinceJohn

BBC Sports presenter getting involved in politics

Expressing compassion is now a poltical statement?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Anonymous internet blowhard talks bollocks about politics (on an hourly basis)

binners
    scaredypants

biscuits out

obvz – even the name is foreign !

P-Jay
    Free Member

**** it, I don’t like Crisps or Football, but I’m going to watch Match of the Day with a big bag of Walkers whever it’s on.

Go Gary.

bikebouy
    Free Member

jimster01 – Member
    The Sun / Mail / Express

All that is crap about this country.

And all that read/buy and covet/contribute to them.

ulysse
    Free Member

And nearly every shop in Liverpool, combined with over 19 and rising as crowdfunding allows full body adverts on cabs in the City, declaring boycott The S*n.
    I wonder why

flange
    Free Member

Really? Or is it a BBC sports presenter showing a bit of compassion towards those less fortunate than himself by using social media as a platform to do so. Tear gas and demolishing migrant camps being the obvious solution to the problem in France which no doubt your right-wing arse is all in favour of.

RustySpanner

just5minutes
    Free Member

Gosh, another ex footballer / celebrity calling for compassion and more help for refugees whilst reportedly engaging in aggressive tax avoidance schemes that ultimately enable them to paying anything towards this.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/gary-lineker-ordered-to-pay-%C2%A313m-to-government-after-crackdown-on-tax-avoidance-schemes/ar-AA8NVba

IHN

So, what did he say?

zippykona

People of Liverpool, I salute you.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

You know, i can empathise with and understand political and social views from across the spectrum, even if i don’t agree with them. I can work out where the ideas come from and the structure (educational, financial, social, media and so on) that led to people developing these ideas. And appreciate why they think in such a different way to me.

But some people are just arseholes or imbeciles.

Or both.

gonzy
    Free Member

Gonzy; didn’t you get the memo? biscuits out/anything you can put jam on in.

bring your own jam insertable food/snack types instead!!

lunge

**** it, I don’t like Crisps or Football, but I’m going to watch Match of the Day with a big bag of Walkers whever it’s on.

Go Gary.
    I’ll raise a bag of cheese and onion to that.

kimbers

BREXIT really has been every racists dream come true

ulysse
    Free Member

BREXIT really has been every racists dream come true

Even tho i voted remain, purely because i KNEW i didnt have all the facts either way, if Brexit means the end of Murdoch’s empires stranglehold on this country, i’ll cheer.

cranberry
    Free Member

Only 5 pages – how dare you ?

This can be spun out for much longer than that, and it’ll be the fault of all 17.4 million people who voted for Brex…

Oh, we’re already there.

Moan on…

mikey74
    Free Member

Even tho i voted remain, purely because i KNEW i didnt have all the facts either way, if Brexit means the end of Murdoch’s empires stranglehold on this country, i’ll cheer.

You’ll be disappointed,then. Murdoch has been recorded to say that he loves the UK government as they listen to him, whereas the EU Parliament don’t. I think Murdoch is loving Brexit, and the scenario couldn’t have worked out better if he’d planned it himself [ 😯 ]

ulysse
    Free Member

The total eclipse campaign is spreading beyond the borders of Merseyside tho, particularly in Northern Ireland.

We just need to boycott his other ventures too if you can give up / find alternatives to his TV and broadband services

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m saddened to see that a couple of the usual suspects have resorted to throbberdom in this thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Gary lineker vs the sun’ is closed to new replies.