Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gary Fisher GED or Opie
  • benz
    Free Member

Anyone still ride any of these?

If so, what do you have them built up with? Pics too please….

Got an Opie frame for free and used some of the spares in my garage to build it up for my wife.

120mm Max Mx Pro, twin ring chainset with bash, Deore hydraulics, short stem, etc. However, it is so stiff at the back end that I’ve tried to soften it with one of the Superstar carbon posts – currently cheap for the correct size.

Seems great for messing around on.

benz
    Free Member

😕

Vortexracing

Superb bike, if a little harsh,

I try and find a piccy of mine built up.

Vortexracing

dot
    Free Member

Bloody love my GED, its looking a bit worse for wear now but an excellent frame, would replace with another.

The bloke with the big beard who rides round with the singletrack lot has one remember seeing a photo on here….

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Powdercoated Bitter, dismantled but still have the frame as cant bear to part with it!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Or pre colour change with bigger fork

dot
    Free Member

rs
    Free Member

My bitter, have to say not really that fussed for it and its lying in bits ready to be sold off.

Ed-O
    Free Member

The Mighty GED is a bomber bike. Here’s mine in it’s last build. The bike I learnt to ride proper Calderdale tech on! Currently in the shed waiting a rebuild with the Thor fork back from Magura and wheels that I’ve got to build up.

benz
    Free Member

Thanks folks – although it will now be stripped back down and round to my friendly powder coaters for a white finish – unless they have pearl pink of course!

Poor mans Chameleon?

Rickos
    Free Member

They look slack angled wee beasts. Is the BB quite high too?

lammy
    Free Member

I used to have a bitter, sold it to someone on here. Great for bombing down steep stuff, but I found it not so good on the climbs – it always wants to lift up at the front.

I also loved the low-key decals, a bit stealth

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gary Fisher GED or Opie’ is closed to new replies.