Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Garmin/GPS help
  • jonba
    Free Member

Trying to sort out a big group ride in Italy.

I can send out GPS files of the route but I also want to send out a pile of way points. Is there an easy way to do this from Garmin Basecamp.

I can put them all on my 800 but how do I send them to someone else? Ideally as one file rather than 30 individual markers.

I want to put in meeting points, hotels, shops etc.

Anyone able to help.

leffeboy

Assuming that you have all the waypoints and the route already in Basecamp then just put them all into a single ‘List’ in your library (the tree structure on the left hand side in Basecamp). Then click on your list in the library so it is selected. Then from the menus select File/Export and your list name should be already there. That should be it all into one file.

I’m not sure how your friends can import it without first reading it back into their own copy of basecamp though. The file is a gpx so they may be able to just drop it into their GPS’s

jonba
    Free Member

I can certainly get them all in one file which is good. You might be able to just drag them to the “new files” folder. Will try tomorrow but if not then people can go through base camp.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Garmin/GPS help’ is closed to new replies.