Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Garmin watch straps
  • marcg868
    Free Member

Anyone know the best place to get fabric straps or something to stop me getting a rash on wrist. I do wear it to sleep, cycling, golf etc and wash it every other day. Try not to have it too tight also.
    Watch is a vivoactive 3

ross980
    Free Member

Any 20mm watchstrap will fit (or 22mm, assume it’s 20mm though). Just have a look on Amazon. I’ve had a leather backed material strap from somewhere which was comfy, I’ll see if I can find the link

cookeaa

I ordered one of These elasticated nylon velcro jobs off Amazon for my Instinct, less skin irritating than the stock silicone strap, Garmin’s own branded equivalent is £50!

Tracey

Our daughter is allergic to the garmin straps. Had to replace hers with a leather one from ebay

MSP

I use these, I had the same problem with the garmin silicon bands causing a rash, and find these more comfortable anyway, these differ from most in that the top wraps around and velcros on the inside rather than the flap being secured on the outside, a small but worthwhile difference IMO.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YOOSIDE-Ultralight-Garmin-Sapphire-Forerunner/dp/B0B1LGZV74/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3393YFG08FB50&keywords=yooside+22mm+loop&qid=1669755533&sprefix=yooside+22mm+loop%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-3

Russell96

Had a couple of the Garmin leather straps, each lasted a year till they fell apart, then I found this, 2 years later still going strong https://amzn.eu/dBjfQYN woven nylon

murdooverthehill

Do you swap wrists? I wear an F6 24/7 and swap from left to right wrist overnight to avoid any irritation.

dovebiker

The Garmin silicone straps irritated my wrist. I bought the bestseller silicone one from Amazon and no problems – lasting longer too

shoko

Second the velcro straps. Started getting a rash and the clasp rubbing on a tendon in the wrist with the standard strap, these solved the issues

mikertroid
    Free Member

I lost my Fenix 6 to the bottom of the sea thanks to an Amazon Velcro strap failing…..not to be trusted!

Kryton57

The Garmin silicone straps irritated my wrist. I bought the bestseller silicone one from Amazon and no problems – lasting longer too

+1. I think mine cost about £12.

MSP

I lost my Fenix 6 to the bottom of the sea thanks to an Amazon Velcro strap failing…..not to be trusted!

Are you sure it was the velcro strap that failed (don’t see how it could happen on the one I recommended) However the strap retainer on the watch is still just a spring loaded clip that I have dislodged twice while putting on my diving bcd, once with a velcro strap and once with garmin silicon strap. Given the quick swap strap design I think just having a spring loaded clip there is a design weakness.

hooli

That’s interesting, I’ve tried 2 or 3 aftermarket straps and they all give me a rash but the Garmin one is fine. Well, far too expensive for what it is but doesn’t give me a rash.

mikertroid
    Free Member

@msp yes the strap failed…saw it happen but couldn’t stop it as I was kitesurfing pretty much drowning at the time but had no spare hands to stop it coming off….

The Velcro fastening pinged open when I came off and that was that….

bensales
    Free Member

I think Garmin have changed their silicone. My Fenix 6 was horrible, but the one with my Epix 2 seems softer and loads more comfortable. Personally, I bought Garmin’s fabric strap, which is extremely nice.

cookeaa

Yikes! In fairness I think the lugs on my instinct are shorter than those of a Fenix, thus the end of the velcro strap with the velcro pads on can’t quite feed through with a spring bar fitted, I had to fit the spring bar over the strap rather than simply feed it through. The four velcro pads feel pretty secure when done up but if they do come loose I still have to stretch it a little to get over my hand so I’m less concerned about watch loss but it’s worth considering, I have seen a couple of cheap ‘Marine Nationale’ style straps with a metal clasp before which could be worth a look:

This sort of thing

Dunno if that would be more secure or not though.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’d wear a Velcro one cycling, but unless it was a proper Animal strap (don’t think they’re made anymore), I’ll stick to a pucker Garmin one for Watersports.

MSP

On the yooside velcro strap, the top loop fastens on the inside, so is kept closed just by wearing. The bottom loop will not feed through the spring clip.

IMG_0501

bails

Personally, I bought Garmin’s fabric strap, which is extremely nice

Is that the $300 strap?!
    https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/610827/pn/010-13008-00

mikertroid
    Free Member

@MSP, yes that looks better than the one I had which was this:

Very expensive mistake!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.