Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Garmin Upload Problem.
  • andycs

When I connect my Dakota 20 to Garmin Connect and press upload it starts to upload but then seems to freeze and no matter how long I wait it doesn’t upload. Anyone know what the problem might be?

andycs

Just tried to upload to strava but that doesn’t support my device. Help!!!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

mmmmm, don’t go there….

the other day my Garmin 500 stopped reading the powertap, i did some fishing online and the consensus was to update the firmware, did so and it broke…..had to send it back 🙁

All fairly irrelevant to your problem but i hope you get it sorted soon, try the firmware update and keep your fingers crossed perhaps?

hugor
    Free Member

This has happened on my 800. It sounds like a corrupt file.
    Go into the garmin’s history and delete the activity or if it’s important to you, you can email it to garmin on their support forums and they’ll repair it for you so you can manually upload it. I chose the former but it’s a common problem.

druidh
    Free Member

With Strava, you need to treat the Dakota as a remote drive and just do a “Upload a file from your computer”. When you plug it into your PC, it will appear with a drive number in “My Computer”. Open that and you’ll find a GPX folder. All the files are in there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Upload Problem.’ is closed to new replies.