Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin mounting (to a motorcycle)
  • grtdkad

May be a long-shot, but I hear of folk using Garmins as speedos on old motor bikes. Just to check accuracy and/or provide more accuracy vs an old dial/cable.
    Any one tried this? Any recommendations as to mounts? Is there anything in particular I should look out for (to fit Garmin Edge 530).

tia

grtdkad

bmp

parkesie
    Free Member

The rubber band mounts for on the bars or one of those 3m super sticky pad ones to the tank top or wherever you don’t mind it being stuck forever.

hot_fiat

Not tried it but reckon it’d be possible.

I’d rifle through eBay and see if I could pick up a Topeak ridecase stem adapter (the bottom part of this mount). This replicates a star fangled nut, but allows you to position the mount anywhere.

Topeak ridecase mount

Then I’d pick up a stem top cap mount for a Garmin from CRC. The nukeproof version is really good.

Stem Garmin mount

£50 though: Might be better off looking for an outfront mount of some sort

stanley

I’ve used my Edge 530 on my R9T (for navigation).
    I just used the out-front mount with a bit of rubber around the handlebars to compensate for the difference in diameter. It worked fine.

alric
    Free Member

I always used RAM mounts,and was riding mostly offroad

stanley

Ram mounts are ace, but might be a bit OTT for an Edge 530… they weigh about the same as a postage stamp!

hooli

What diameter are the bars?

spennyy
    Free Member

We used the included mount on my dad’s 60’s honda dream as the Speedos are rarer than rocking horse teeth. Worked a treat for months.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin mounting (to a motorcycle)’ is closed to new replies.