Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Garmin map annoyance
  • Squidlord
    Free Member

The map screen on my Garmin Oregon 200 is displaying a route I did a couple of weeks ago. But no ground detail at all. So it’s no use for navigating. Any ideas how to fix this? Cheers.

munkster
    Free Member

On my Dakota (similar aren’t they?!) it’d be Tracks->Current Track->Clear Current Track

No idea about the map thing – check it’s definitely selected in Setup->Map perhaps?

Squidlord
    Free Member

Thanks Munkster. The settings were fine. But tinkering with it, I found that the memory card (with the maps on it) had shaken lose. D’oh!

munkster
    Free Member

Interesting one for me to bear in mind if this ever happens to me then! Cheers for reporting back!

andycs

Munkster, are you having any problems with using Garmin Connect? I have Dakota 20 and it won’t upload to Garmin or Strava, not sure if my device is faulty or a web site problem.

munkster
    Free Member

I just copy the gpx file to my PC (I’m sure you can do it direct off the GPS but prefer to do it this way) and then “Upload Activity” (ie. the gpx file) to Strava from there… Never used Garmin Connect!

Is there another way to do it?! 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

see my post on the other garmin thread. Basically, you need to do a file upload from your computer.

Free Member

I have not been able to upload a route I have done to my garmin Edge 305 from my mac and my mate tried the same route from his pc the an Edge 800 this weel whichs seems to tie in with the web site being off line on Monday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Garmin map annoyance’ is closed to new replies.