• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by feed.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin Integrated HRM (Fenix 3) to Elite Software
  • mccraque

I’ve recently bought an Elite Zumo – I’ve got a Garmin Fenix 3 with the integrated HRM, which bluetooths HR to my phone – at least to the Garmin App.

I have no idea how to get HR from the watch to the Elite App. Is this possible, or do I need additional dongles?

Thanks

si77

I looked into this with a Garmin Vivosmart HR watch and the Rouvy App, and as far as I could find out the Garmin smart watches only communicate with the Garmin apps.

Would be interested to find out if anyone’s found a work around, before I shell out on a separate HR monitor.

mccraque

OK thanks. Seems to indicate that I have to get an ANT+ dongle. Garmin’s a couple of years old so won’t broadcast bluetooth.

What I am not sure about is whether I will need a separate HRM too. or whether the watch based integrated HRM will output to a sensor.

savoyad

Don’t give up and assume you need a dongle too quickly. What is your phone? Lots of android phones have built in ANT+
    https://www.thisisant.com/consumer/ant-101/ant-in-phones

Even better, some work but don’t even advertise the fact. e.g. mine isn’t in the product directory on that link, but works fine.

Fenix 3 will happily broadcast the data from the built in optical HR sensor over ANT+.

mccraque

Iphone!

CraigW
    Free Member

The Iphone Ant+ dongle is not cheap.
    Probably cheaper and simpler to buy a new HRM. And maybe more accurate than the Fenix. Get one that transmits both Ant+ and Bluetotooth LE.

mccraque

was thinking that I may just use the Laptop and get a cheap ant+ for that.

feed

was thinking that I may just use the Laptop and get a cheap ant+ for that.

fyi, if you decided to go the Bluetooth route, for laptops you need a Bluetooth dongle (built in Bluetooth doesn’t work). So regardless of Ant or Bluetooth decision you’re looking at a dongle purchase (unless one came with the trainer).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Integrated HRM (Fenix 3) to Elite Software’ is closed to new replies.