Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garmin Forerunner 305 issues
  • dannybgoode

Has anyone got any suggestions about what might be up with my Forerunner 305.

It just won’t sync to my laptop. Was working fine when I last used it a few weeks ago and now nothing.

Sportstrack and Garmin Connect just don’t see it.

I’ve tried the usual – cleaning the pins on the back of the unit, different USB cables etc but nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks all

Danny B

scotroutes

Have you powered the laptop off and back on again (seriously)? USB drivers can get a bit iffy if you’re unplugging devices without un-mounting them first.

cp

as above.

have you installed any anti virus or firewall software? these cam sometimes get in the way of Garmin comms. could be worth switching off temporarily to check…

dannybgoode

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Yes, tried turning off / on and have disabled Kaspersky just in cases.

Was working fine and haven’t changed anything I don’t think.

I’ll keep playing and if anyone else has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Cheers

Danny B

dannybgoode

Of course if it doesn’t work I could use it as an excuse to get an Edge 500 (don’t need the 510).

Cheers

Danny B

eruptron
    Free Member
    cchris2lou

what browser are you using ?

sometimes i really struggle to upload with Chrome or Firefox , but always work with Explorer .

and I need to upload everyday ( or for every single activity ) , otherwise I get a lot of errors .

have you tried to unistall garmin plug in and re install ?

dannybgoode

Nope – resetting didn’t help.

I’ve reinstalled all the drivers and it sees the device when I plug it in, installs the USB drivers and then doesn’t do anything else.

Annoying!

Anyone want Forerunner 305 that works in itself but is reluctant to talk to a computer!

Cheers

Danny B

eruptron
    Free Member

Tried a different lead?

dannybgoode

Yep. Didn’t help. Ready to slit wrists / drink bleach. Well – listed on ebay at any rate and will use proceeds towards Edge 500 (and yes I have detailed the issue!).

Cheers

Danny B

mogrim

My FR210 is dodgy when the ram is nearly full, have you tried deleting all but the last (couple of) file(s) from the device?

(Incidentally: this is why I just bought a Suunto Ambit…)

dannybgoode

Problem solved. Was on ebay for about 5 mins and sold. Edge 500 will be ordered shortly.

Cheers

Danny B

dannybgoode

Don’t think so mogrim – the 305’s firmware hasn’t been updated since 2009.

It was working fine now so there is either a) a wider issue with Garmin Connect at the moment or b) just coincidence.

Anyone else having issues with Garmin devices at the moment?

Cheers

Danny B

mogrim

Don’t think so mogrim – the 305’s firmware hasn’t been updated since 2009.

No, I meant that if you get the new Edge you might run into problems too – although my mate has a 500, and has managed to upload yesterday’s ride data to Endomondo. As you say it could just be a temporary problem with the Garmin server.

Garmin’s getting a pretty poor reputation for reliability, I was chatting to the shopgirl at my local running store on Saturday, she mentioned the number of problems they had had with Fenixes, enough that they’d stopped stocking them.

richardk
    Free Member

Sometimes having other USB devices plugged in to the PC causes issues. Other times, having too many activities on the device can cause problems – usually lengthens the upload process though.

Re-pairing the device has worked for me in the past also.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Garmin’s customer support is great. Give them a call.

My Forerunner 205 lost its beep after a couple of years’ use. After a phone call I posted it back to them, they charged me about £60 and sent me a shiny new one.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Forerunner 305 issues’ is closed to new replies.