Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Garmin Forerunner 235 with ANT + sensor question ….
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

So, I’ve decided to keep my Garmin 235 after not being able to sell it (going to sell the Tomtom – see classifieds).

Question is, which ANT + sensors can I use to pair with the 235 for indoor turbo work.

Guessing the magnetless Garmin speed and cadence sensors will pair but anyone any experience of these or other ANT sensors paired to a 235 ?

Thanks

prawny

I’ve tried my Garmin HR strap and that worked fine and dandy. I’m fairly sure the Tempe sensor works too. The Dc Rainmaker review goes into a bit more detail, but I’ve been really impressed with mine, it’s the first Garmin I’ve had with no major bugs.

gwaelod
    Free Member

This list should help with compatibility

https://www.thisisant.com/directory/forerunner-235

FWIW I’ve not managed to get on well with the new hub mounted speed sensor mounted on a rear wheel for turboing – although that’s with a Garmin 500. whether it was having it spinning in a magnetised field produced by the turbo – or the sheer muscle mass of my body interposed between the sensor and the head unit that was the problem I don’t know.

Gone back to a GSC10 unit for Speed & Cadence and its fine. I note from the ThisisAnt website that a 235 works with a GSC10.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Oddly, I’ve just installed the separate Garmin hub mounted speed sensor on my turbo bike for use with my 235. Can report back that it works fine. Used the auto size measurement on the watch (by just going for a ride). Had previously installed the cadence sensor which also works fine.

All good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Forerunner 235 with ANT + sensor question ….’ is closed to new replies.