Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin Fenix – replacement straps
  • dashed
    Free Member

The strap on my Fenix 5 has snapped and choices seem to range from about a fiver to £45 for the genuine Garmin one. £45 seems a bit steep so any recommendations for mid-ranges versions that last well?

shipton47
    Free Member

If you find the 935 Garmin straps they fit but are not quick release and usually lot cheaper think mine was about 15 for the Garmin one.

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve got a few from AliExpress, about £3 each, with Quickfit connectors. They have lasted fine for the last few months anyway.

MrPottatoHead

I used some MoKo ones from Amazon for Fenix 3 which were pretty cheap, but lasted longer than the one it replaced.

dashed
    Free Member

Ah, ok so cheap and cheerful may be the way to go here – worth a punt for a few quid 🙂

outofbreath
    Free Member

When the strap on my 35 snapped Garmin replaced it free of charge. I’d be asking them first. (…and then a few weeks later asking for a second one in case you need it in the future.)

tintim

After struggling with replacements and contact dermatitis with both Garmin and aftermarket straps I now use hope elasticated/velcro straps. Just needed the tools to undo the one side where the straps connect.

Easily replaceable and better still cheap, secure and comfortable 🙂

TheFlyingOx

I’ve had a £15 Amazon special copy of the Garmin metal strap for about 3 years. It’s been mountain biking, swimming, running and working in some fairly extreme environments and the only thing wrong with it after all this time is the finish is looking a bit jaded. Not a chance I’d pay full price for Garmin branded stuff.

ahsat

I’m interested in this too as I can see my 5S strap is splitting. However, all the Amazon after market ones say they are longer than the originals. As I’m only 4 holes off the minimum on the official one, this isn’t going to work for me. Anyone any direct experience of any which aren’t longer?

mogrim

I bought some of these for my Fenix5, seem reasonable quality and have worked fine swimming/biking/running these past few months:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07DCQNP7X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Amazon Spain link, presumably the same are available in the UK)

neilco
    Free Member

#ThreadResurrection!

Looking at buying a Fenix 5x Plus and going for a leather strap version. I sweat, lots, and spend a lot of time in the water. Am I going to regret this? Will the strap die and/or look rubbish after a week. Will I spend all my time swapping with the supplied silicon band? \\

Thanks

Neil

swedishmatt
    Free Member

With regards to dermatitis remember to clean the watch regularly as it’s full of bacteria in the skin contact areas of the watch.

mogrim

With regards to dermatitis remember to clean the watch regularly as it’s full of bacteria in the skin contact areas of the watch.

I get a bit of dermatitis from mine, but go swimming 3 times a week (minimum) – surely that should be enough to clean out the back of the watch?

oldtennisshoes

Unless you take the watch off and wash it, the nasties build up between the watch and the skin to cause irritation. I usually wash my instinct in the shower?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Fenix – replacement straps’ is closed to new replies.