Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Garmin Fenix (/connect) has stopped showing training data from zwift..just me?
  • DrP

As per the title…

I know they updated Garmin connect to show training data from third party apps…
    Have they revoked it in the past 2 weeks?

It’s simply not showing any training data now..

Training load is updating, but NOT training effect..

Help pease!

DrP

snownrock

Worked for me when I Zwifted on Thursday evening. (Fenix 6X Pro).

DrP

Hmm…

I wonder what’s going on then…

It just says “no status” …
    It looks like it last updated my status early Nov…still zwifting 3 times a week,m so it should have enough data to go with

DrP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snownrock

Have you inadvertently paused training status in connect? I’m assuming the zwift rides are still showing on connect (zwift and connect haven’t de-linked)?.

DrP

Zwift rides still showing in connect and on watch…. just not showing any training effect stuff. Load is showing though..

DrP

Nalla

Mine recently did this so I started to record on my watch and Zwift again as I previously did to get training status.

Last week I forgot to start watch but noticed training status updated from just the zwift ride and it’s worked fine again since for the last few zwift rides.

gingerflash

Might not be Zwift thing, but a Connect thing.

Last night i noticed that my watch showed Sunday’s outdoor ride, and Thursday’s Zwift, but not Saturday’s outdoor ride, which was showing on Connect.

I disconnected watch from Connect. switched everything off and on, repaired, synced, and the ride then appeared on the watch.

DrP

i’ll try that…
    But.. the rides ARE showing on the watch. Have power and HR data..it’s just not ‘working out the training data’!

DrP

robbo1234biking
    DrP

I’m SOOOOO confused now…!!!

I get that the Fenix (i,e the watch itself) works out the training effect.
    It does this from the data given to it from the zwift file…

But then DC rainmaker says:
    “Does it show Training Effect?

No, not at this time. So you won’t get the Aerobic/Anaerobic breakouts of training effect. It sounds like this isn’t a case of ‘never’, but more a case of ‘trying not to boil the ocean’.

I’ve long noted that Garmin has historically held off on these sorts of deployments as they try and solve every single little aspect of it, rather than fixing the core issue that people primarily care about, and then circling back later to finish up the minor things most people don’t care about. So I’m actually glad we’ve got this today, versus waiting who knows how many months or something for things like Training Effect breakouts. Just my two cents though.”

SO how come I used to have training effect?

Do you think i was simultaneously recording on teh watch AND zwift?

I know i USED to do that, but then when teh zwift-Garmin connection was sorted, I stopped.

BUT… I’m also certain that up until last week it WOULD update the VO2 and training status (i.e productive etc)..

FFS….

I’m going mad!

DrP

riddoch

I think I’ve had similar, I think it’s related to the firmware updating and wiping the status

So training effect is working fine with on watch workouts, edge  and zwift. Suddenly loses it till I’ve done 2 hours of heart rate or outdoor GPS runs with the fenix to start it tracking again. Then it’s happy, it’s happened twice now.

DrP

ah, was tehre a recent update then?

DrP

gilesmartin81

@riddoch mine is the same, it has always made me go for 2 runs if I want to see the training status.

beamers

@riddoch mine is the same, it has always made me go for 2 runs if I want to see the training status.

Same for me and my 5X. If I go for more than 14 days between runs then it stops displaying Training Status.

So, 1 run per week, with 5 or 6 rides per week measured on a 520 plus which the 5X (or Connect) factors into the Training Status. No Zwifting though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Fenix (/connect) has stopped showing training data from zwift..just me?’ is closed to new replies.