Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Garmin Fenix 3 or Forerunner 920XT
  • strawb3110
    Free Member

Looking at either the Garmin Fenix 3 or Forerunner 920XT watches for mainly cycling, some running and general fitness activity tracker/log device, I know they are both probably over the top for what I’d need but can get a great deal on either and always fancied a large sports watch. Any real world opinions out there please?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a Fenix 3, it’s great, but doing it again, i’d probably swap it for a 735XT as it’s a bit lower profile & lighter.

mogrim

I have a Fenix 3, got it a couple of weeks ago. I chose it over the 735XT for the battery life – but then I do long distance events and need a battery that’ll last at least 20 hours. If that’s not an issue for you the 735XT is a nice looking bit of kit.

I didn’t get the 920XT as it’s just too lumpy looking, and while the Fenix 3 isn’t going to win any prizes on the looks front it doesn’t stand out too much when I wear it at work.

bensales
    Free Member

Functionally they’re pretty much the same. I bought the Fenix 3 because you don’t look quite as much a tit wearing it as a day to day watch.

petrieboy

fenix 3 HR here. go outdoors beat the Handtec price by 10% with no fuss at all which sweetened the deal a bit. great watch, really happy with it

jam-bo

i bought the 235 as it does 90% of what a fenix HR does, is about 2/3 the weight of a fenix, 2/3 the size, and about half the price.

aracer
    Free Member

If the 735 is being discussed in the mix, then that would be ruled out for me due to the lack of barometric altimeter. I bought a 910 as that was the first Garmin watch with a baro altimeter, and reading the thread because I’m curious what I’m missing out on with the Fenix.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Fenix 3 or Forerunner 920XT’ is closed to new replies.