Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Eggs 510 Y U discughstard?
  • sirromj

So why does Garmin decide to put Discard ride next to Save ride? Why not just automatically save rides and force people to navigate through menus when they want to delete rides? WOULD THAT NOT MAKE SENSE? How often does one need to discard a ride compared with saving. Oh yeah I just cycled 30 miles through some hilly terrain and yes please, discard that data, I don’t want my Strava friends to know about it. Morons who record 150 miles of driving need not apply.

scotroutes

discughstard of Croydon?

mattbee

I find that pressing the correct button helps.

firestarter
    Free Member

As long as you know, your friends won’t mind 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Cuz uze iz e rheet hard?

Superficial
    Free Member

Not ideal for those hammy of fist?

CraigW
    Free Member

That’s why I prefer the way the Etrex and similar models work. They just record a track for everything, as soon as it is switched on. No need to remember to press start or stop, or save etc.

Superficial
    Free Member

Anyway, it always asks “Are you sure” when you press discard so you must’ve pressed the wrong button twice.

My heartfelt sympathy is not with you.

sirromj

My mistake was to pause the ride and put the device in my jacket pocket before entering a shop. o I’ve directed your comments to the contents of my jacket pocket.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Maybe next time you’ll pause the ride and turn the Garmin off, to prevent accidental button presses.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Eggs 510 Y U discughstard?’ is closed to new replies.