• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jsm.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • garmin edge follow course without any recalculation, possible? tracback equiv?
  • jsm

I tried a edge touring, but sent it back because I couldn’t get it to follow a course – well not without trying to minimise ascent,time or distance.

Can any of the edges follow a course you make and not deviate from it, preferably with a map on the screen. The older etrex used to do this very well, it was called tracback? they used to be able to reverse courses too 😛

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

plot course on whatever software you like

add to ‘new files’ on the GPS

pick it out from courses (i think, it’s always about the third place I look)

On my 800 it wont recalculate, only options are navigate to start. And it doesn’t give turn instructions either (only seems available when the device is plotting it’s own route, and the routefinding is so bad* I rarely use it). It’s actualy quite irritating how little it does for £300. More usefull than the 500, but not £300 more than a free app on a smartphone.

*it’s not bad if you follow it religiously, but recalculated routes can be an utter joke sending you in huge loops to get back to the last bit of the course, rather than just saying turn arround.

jsm

thanks “not £300 more than a free app on a smartphone” kind of what i think. I actually think garmin’s old etrex was better than the newer cycling versions. Bryton’s maybe came close, but for the moment they have the market sewn up. But once so did nokia …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘garmin edge follow course without any recalculation, possible? tracback equiv?’ is closed to new replies.