Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Garmin Edge Explore firmware updates, you got ’em?
  • Bez

I’m on firmware 2.10 (which is what it came with) and the latest is 4.10.

Looking at the change log, one or two items have vague descriptions which (being optimistic) might include fixes to one of the issues I’ve seen so far.

The issues I’ve had are:
    – in battery saver mode, at some points (and I think it’s after about 70 minutes of riding) the screen comes on and then freezes (NB it can be unfrozen by swiping the screen)
    – the battery percentage reading can be somewhat volatile at times: it’ll occasionally gain or lose 10% or so
    – once it failed to register anything from the start of a ride (as in everything was all zeroes, rather than it not having started recording)… took me a while to realise, after which a whole load of turning settings/the device on and off eventually kickstarted it
    – sometimes it fails to reconnect to my iPhone after sleeping (though it never fails when starting up proper); my phone thinks they’re connected but the Edge doesn’t

If the upgrade might fix one or more of those then I’ll give it a whirl, but when it comes to Garmin firmware, sometimes it’s better the devil you know… 😉

So… if you’ve updated yours, how’s it been?

(On the bright side, nice to see that 4.00 added the switch to disable the sharp turn warnings, because they’re pants.)

On a tangent, and FWIW: other than the above issues, none of which are showstoppers, thus far it’s been a great device. In particular the touchscreen is excellent, unlike previous Garmins. I’ve just taken delivery of a 530 (the main draw for me being the much longer battery life), which has some handy features, but navigating Garmin’s labyrinthine menu system with buttons is ball-clampingly painful… I think I might send it back.

escrs
    Free Member

My Edge Explore is on version 3.0 with no issues although i don’t use all the features

You can always reinstall an older firmware version if you have issues with the latest one

http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge Explore firmware updates, you got ’em?’ is closed to new replies.