Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Edge 810 Wont Charge
  • trevmccdonald
    Free Member

By mistake I let the battery completely drain to 0%. Now it won’t charge from being completely dead and flat. If plugged it into the Computer or Plug it will come on for a few seconds then turn off and that’s it.

Garry_Lager

How old is it? Mine is a few years and the usb port is a bit corroded so is always needing a bit of a wiggle with the cable. It usually charges OK but won’t be picked up by a pc unless held in a certain way. You can given the port a bit of a clean with a light touch of wd40 which helps temporarily IME.

trevmccdonald
    Free Member

Just 2 years. Very new. It does not get past boot-up. It is on boot-up then shuts down. Was charging Okay until it got to 0%. Now it can’t get charged from being completely flat.

trevmccdonald
    Free Member

When I plug it in to a Computer or Plug the Garmin responds to it by trying to boot up then shuts itself down without charging. The Port does not seem to be the problem otherwise I don’t think it would respond to being plugged in at all?

mrmoofo

Mine did that …. and for 60 quid they send me a refurbed replacement.  I think they all do that …

npunshon
    Free Member

Pretty easy to fit a new battery on an 810, I would try that. Available through various eBay sellers

nickdavies

If it’s flat a computer port won’t do it.

Have you tried plugging it in to a wall port and just leaving it. Often flat batteries in this tech will just show nothing until they have some charge. Try a decent charger and lead and leave it overnight. Mines done similar before after not being used for ages, always comes back.

otsdr
    Free Member

Agree with above, try leaving it plugged in a phone charger.

Even when discharged to “0”, it still has some charge to prevent the battery from getting deep discharged; repeatedly trying to boot will nib at this little by little and eventually it will be truly bricked.

welshfarmer

my 520 was doing similar. Only way to charge it was via a wall mount phone charger. Eventually by wiggling the cable and propping it up at an angle I got it to communicate with the computer and got the latest update. Since then it has been back to normal!

milky1980
    Free Member

My 810 has done this once or twice after I ran it right down on occasion.  Have found it always came back to life after plugging it into a decent wall charger – 2A ones for phones – and it’ll start charging again after being left alone for an hour or so.  The first charge always seems to not last long so I run it down to about 10% then fully charge again and it’s fine after that.  Mine’s 3 years old and the battery still does a good 12 hours so it hasn’t damaged it yet!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Try a hard reset

To perform a master reset:
    – Power device off.

– Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop.

– Power device on while still holding both buttons.

– Continue holding buttons when Garmin “splash” screen appears.

– Release buttons when Garmin “splash” screen disappears.

Garmin wanted 95 quid to send me a refurb’d unit as mine kept crahsing ALL the time, i thought it was a rip off tbh, especially as they didn’t seem to know why it happened or could even guarantee the new one wouldn’t do the same.

i lost it in a car park in Wales the other weekend.

I’m not buying another.

</div>

</div>

trevmccdonald
    Free Member

Tried everything and nothing was working.

Then I left it plugged into a wall charger for 12 hours. Still wouldn’t work.

Then tried the Hard Reset and it has now finally come back on. So thanks for that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 810 Wont Charge’ is closed to new replies.