Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Edge 810 – How to store more than 1 custom map ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

I’m looking to do a trip to Scotland which needs more than one custom map each containing more than 100 tiles, but I can’t get more than one map on the Garmin without getting the ‘Too many custom map images. They will not all be displayed’ message.

For normal rides I just swap the single custom map I need onto the internal hard drive and off we go, but I have a memory card and was looking to save 3 or 4 custom maps on there and just enable each map for the area we drive to, but the Garmin won’t read the custom maps unless they are all in 1 custom map folder on the memory card and then you get the too many custom map images because they are over 100 tiles in total.

Any ideas anyone, thanks in advance ?

xora

http://whiter.brinkster.net/en/JNX.shtml

Covers I think what you want, basically need to change format and perform a little patching on the firmware!

Milkie
    Free Member

I thought you could name them whatever you want, put them on the SD card, then in the settings select which map you want to use.

I believe you can use 2 maps at the same time, but one needs to be called gpsapp… (I am going from memory and can’t remember the name).

ransos
    Free Member

I thought you could name them whatever you want, put them on the SD card, then in the settings select which map you want to use.

That’s what I do on my 800…have the OS and OSM maps on there.

smurfly13
    Free Member

I don’t use custom maps – but have 3 different “.img” files on my SD card on my Edge 810.

I just Disable and Enable which ones I want depending on my ride location and type!

mrsfry
    Free Member

^^

I just pick whatever i want Garmin 800 with Garmin Maps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 810 – How to store more than 1 custom map ?’ is closed to new replies.