Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 Help Please
  • excitable1
    Free Member

First off a big thanks to Mrjmnt for helping me out with a few bits. I now have the maps I want on the Edge.

I now have 1:50k GB Discoverer maps on the SD card and a few custom maps on internal memory which I toggle between by enabling and disabling through the settings. Although every time I turn it on it says ‘too many custom map images. Can’t display all the maps’. There’s no problem with the maps I can see them all fine. Does anyone else get this message ?

I plotted a new ‘track’ on Garmin Base Camp on Friday and tried to follow it yesterday. It was soon getting right on my nerves as it was giving me beeps and turn by turn directions every 30 seconds e.g. when the route went on anything but a straight line. I tried turning the navigation off by going into the course settings and turning off ‘Turn Guidance’ but it just carried on as it was.

Should I be plotting the trail as a ‘route’ as opposed to a ‘track’ to avoid the navigation prompts every 30 seconds and add way points at junctions or will that still try and navigate me around the points I add to the route to get me round a bend etc? Also, am I right in assuming you can’t turn off the guidance once you’ve pressed ‘Start/Stop’ to follow a course ?

For some reason it missed an hour of the trail out yesterday and joined up the 2 points with a straight line, even though it carried on navigating me along the plotted track, and then for some reason it stopped navigating completely about an hour from the end. It also stopped auto pausing through the middle section and gave me a ‘course found prompt’ somewhere along the line, but I’m putting all that down to me pressing buttons try to turn the navigation off !

All a bit long winded I know, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

excitable1
    Free Member

Also WTF is the big pink line that the Garmin draws on the map when I’m about to start the course. I’ve started one from the front door and it draws it differently every time. Some of it follows the course some of just goes off in straight lines.

Or is my new Garmin just shagged !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 Help Please’ is closed to new replies.