Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Garmin Edge 530 without Garmin Connect ?
  • coconut
    Free Member

Trying to set up my new Garmin Edge 530… Problem! I have an old I-Phone 6 and it won’t install Garmin Connect (needs IOS.14). Can I just download my GPX routes from RidewithGPS and drag and drop them onto the device using the USB port connection ? Would running it without Garmin Connect APP on my phone cause issues ? I’m only after turn-by-tun navigation on the device, no interest in the climb function, distance, heart rate etc.
    thanks

jeffl

Yes you can drag the gpx file onto the device. I think you can also drag the gps file off the device for recorded rides . Had to do this on my Garmin watch when it are itself. So you don’t have to use the Garmin connect app but you’ll miss out on loads of functionality.

However you can get Garmin connect for Windows which should do the job. Dunno if it’s available for Mac’s

rakas

Drag gpx files into the ‘new files’ folder and they’ll pop up once you disconnect. I’ve found you need to ‘eject’ the usb device for them to show 100% of the time.

If you install garmin connect for windows and install the ridewithgps app onto your garmin you can then send files direct from the ridewithgps website to your device.

Sandwich

Better still grab the FIT files from RWGPS and to get the hinted routes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.