Viewing 35 posts - 161 through 195 (of 195 total)
  • Garmin down
  • jugheaddave
    Free Member

I am still having intermitted uploads.

Yesterdays 6am ride to work only uploaded at 14h30, still waiting for last night’s ride home, as well as today ride in (I broke my AVG speed record in BTW)

mtbfix

Is my inability to load a course onto my head unit a symptom of this?

robvalentine
    fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Plug the unit into a computer (or even iPad now) and copy your gpx into the folder ‘new files’
    When you turn it on it’ll pick up the file and load it into courses.

Check before you leave though as some files seem not to play nice and there is nothing telling you it failed.

I find re-saving the gpx again using gpxbable or ViewRanger usually allows me to load ones that didn’t work

jrawarren

“Sources with knowledge of the Garmin incident who spoke to Sky News on the condition of anonymity said that the company – an American multinational which is publicly listed on the NASDAQ – did not directly make a payment to the hackers.”

The word “directly” bothers me somewhat.

trailwagger
    Free Member

The word “directly” bothers me somewhat.

My understanding is that it is illegal for a US entity to pay any money to this group. Via a third party however……

Also, just want to say, its now coming up to one week, and services are still not fully restored/recovered.

robj20
    Free Member

So what’s stopping them targeting them again now they know they’re willing to pay.

PJay
    Free Member

Anyone else having issues this morning (09/08/20)?

I’m having slow loading, broken dashboard panels and empty calendars as well as the whole website going down; periodically it’s working.

I hope that it’s not about to go down again.

cogglepin

Mines fine.

Drac

It was unstable earlier but fine now.

nickc

Down again, I see.

tenfoot

Looks that way. I have the server maintenance notice back on the Connect App

madeupname
    Free Member

Routine maintenance
    or
    ‘another ten million please’?

scotroutes

It’s all working OK for me.

cogglepin

Mines down as well.

grtdkad

Routine Maintenance again so appears to be down (may just be me of course).
    Have they been hacked again or just overwhelmed by GB Bank Holiday activities?

jbn84
    Free Member

Not just you, down for me too (and everyone else according to this https://connect.garmin.com/status/)

docrobster
    Free Member

I’m getting server down. Their status page says a problem with one of their suppliers

grtdkad

Thanks for confirming you two. Brill

singlespeedstu

Down for me aswell today.Nothing uploaded from yesterday onwards.
    Was working fine on Friday.

nearabighill

Down for me as well ‘server maintenance” message, but did sync this morning and upload ride data from yesterday

scotroutes

Last night’s ride got through earlier. This mornings ride is still waiting to go.

Is it just me or has Garmin Connect become less reliable since Strava tried to push Premium on everyone? I wonder if more folk are now using (more of the features of) Connect in preference to Strava.

mashr

Hadn’t noticed any difference until the incident happened

grtdkad

Back up again for me

boombang
    Free Member

Weird it is showing as down:

https://connect.garmin.com/status/

colournoise

Big red banner saying its down, but the app’s working fine here and throwing stuff into Strava as normal.

scotroutes

Back working for me too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No maps showing on my Garmin connect or strava now for a couple of days, wife’s is the same.

mikeyp

Hi
    Can anyone confirm that strava route uploads are no longer possible on the 530? I’ve been unable to do this since the hack despite updating the apps. Garmin appear to say this is no longer supported which means the loss of a really useful function and one of the reasons I updated.
    thanks

tomnavman
    Free Member

You can still create routes on Strava and then they sync to the 530.

The route needs to be starred (new routes created recently should be auto starred) and it will then appear in your list of routes on the 530 after it has synced? Don’t go to the strava connect IQ app, just choose Naviation – Select Route, as you would if it was a Garmin route.

mikeyp

brill. thanks

luv2ride
    Free Member

Hi all. I need to get a .gpx file I’ve received via email (now downloaded on a Galaxy tablet) onto my Garmin 530. Been ages since I did this- Where do I start?!

otsdr
    Free Member

Access https://connect.garmin.com/ from a web browser on the tablet (force the Desktop version from the browser menu if you get a tablet/mobile specific site), then upload the GPX in Training/Courses/Import.
    After that you can go to the Garmin Connect mobile app (if you have it on the tablet or on your phone), select the course under Training/Courses and click “Send to device”.

Alternatively, if you have an USB OTG cable you can just connect the Garmin to the tablet then copy the GPX to the “New Files” folder on the Garmin, it should pick it up from there after you disconnect the cable.

luv2ride
    Free Member

^thanks for that. I’ve got the courses onto Garmin Connect, but they don’t xfer to tge 530 when I sync. I’ve “starred” them in Courses in Connect, but don’t see an option to ‘send to device’?

EDIT: all sorted. Didn’t appreciate had to click on the actual course, open it , then click ‘send to device’

Easy when you know how!

savoyad

If they are in strava, star them in strava and they will sync straight to your garmin.
    If they are already in garmin connect, don’t use star, use “send to device” in connect.
    Starring them in garmin doesn’t push to device.

Make sure it’s enabled etc if you are doing it direct from strava: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000919304–Syncing-Strava-Routes-to-your-Garmin-Device

Viewing 35 posts - 161 through 195 (of 195 total)

The topic ‘Garmin down’ is closed to new replies.