• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ceept.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Garmin Connect won’t
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Not used the Garmnin for a couple of weeks, but today it’s stopped connecting to my phone. The app crashes or hangs when trying to connect/’add device’. Garmin aren’t reporting any server problems, and I’ve tried it on a different phone which does work. Have tried restarting, and reinstalling connect a couple of times. My main phone is running a fairly old version or Android, but nothing (I’m aware of) has changed since it was working last time. Anyone else had this sort of problem? It doesn’t seem like it’s going to resolve itself unfortunately.

Not sure if it’s relevant, but the phone is an Honor 7 with Android 6.0, and it’s an Edge 520+.

Would be grateful for any tips!

DickBarton

Uninstall and reinstall the app?

On a slightly related issue –

I seem to have no issues with my watch and app (Android), but the Garmin 520 I have seems to take an absolute age to sync – it’ll connect to the app then take 5 minutes or so before it then syncs.

As well as the above, the last 2 weeks, the rides haven’t saved on the device and it then tells me there was an issue with syncing. I’ve saved the file off the device and tried to upload manually, but it tells me the file itself is corrupt.

joebristol

It’s because Garmin Connect is buggy as ****.

The hardware is good but the software isn’t so good.

I had a drama with my 530 recently – couldn’t get it to connect to the app on my iPhone SE 2020. But my forerunner 645 music had no issues with it.

Ended up having to uninstall connect. Then delete the 530 and 645 from the Bluetooth pairing memory on the phone. Also had to go into the 530 and delete the iPhone from its Bluetooth pairing memory.

Then reinstalled the app and eventually got it to find the edge and pair. Also then had to re-pair the 645.

Bit of a faff but I’m there now.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Hmm. I’ve been through that – uninstall and delete the pairing off both devices, but still won’t work on the old phone.

nickc

but the Garmin 520 I have seems to take an absolute age to sync

Mine also does this, especially if I haven’t used it for a while. Also Garmin insists on “seeing” two 520’s. The one it always connects to and which has all my data, and a mysterious “other” which it never connects to, and as far as I know is a figment of it’s deranged imagination. If I try to delete it, GarCon won’t sync with the real one unless I delete it and start over…at which point the phantom 520 returns…weird.

riklegge

I’ve had issues connecting my watch (garmin instinct) with the app (android). I reset the watch and it seems to be working after an update today.

nicko74

My Garmin 130 is temperamental at connecting. My only answer is turning it off and back on again (Connect, the Garmin itself, the phone if necessary) and so far it eventually works.

Flaperon

Check that the app has appropriate permissions – in particular it needs “Location” to connect over Bluetooth.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Was struggling with an iPhone for the last couple of weeks and now have an android and same problems. Tried uninstall etc . Seems to take a couple of manual uploads to make it actually wake up and then upload the ride to my phone.

fettlin

Bump. Anybody having issues with Connect sync since the weekend?

My Vivoactive3 has not synced fully since early doors Sunday morning according the sync audit. It’s still connected to the phone and app because the steps/HR etc. have been updated, but no activities have come across.

Uninstalled the app this morning, no change.

james-rennie

Hello – are you sure there isn’t an activity still being recorded? Me & wife have both ‘broken’ GarminConnect by doing that. More than once each, didn’t learn our lessons first time round, doh!

fettlin

Oooh, interesting idea. No I dont think there is. It failed at a weird time (1am Sunday) and i definitely want active then!

I’ve been able to record activities since then as well and they have been saved in the watch with no problems.

Thanks for the idea though, not considered that before..

belugabob
    Free Member

I don’t have sync issues, but I’m constantly being informed, by Connect, that there is a software update available for my Garmin (Etrex 35 Touch) when there really isn’t

yetidave
    Free Member

yup, i very recently got a Garmin Venu for my wife, and it constantly looses the connection between phone and watch and needs reinstalling and being told to forget in bluetooth. Fails to upload to strava etc etc. So much so, that she now wants it taken back as faulty. Poor show from Garmin to have such a shonky system.

Richie_B

Usually get problems when something else on my phone (like wireless headphones or my car audio system) are competing for a bluetooth connection. It is a shonky system but not as bad as my daughters Huawei watch which seems to want complete control of your phone if you want it to work.

I’ve usually found its my phone rather than the Garmin watch which is hanging up (probably still to do with the Garmin software though).

Does anyone get their watch hanging up (sometimes requiring a re-start) about 45-55 minutes into an exercise? Again I suspect its a communication with the phone thing but I’ve not got to the bottom of this

thols2

It’s because Garmin Connect is buggy as ****.

I find rebooting the watch and phone, then reconnecting the Bluetooth connection generally does the trick. Garmin Connect seems to be like Windows 98 – generally functional, but only if you reboot it every time you make coffee.

fettlin

Garmin Connect seems to be like Windows 98 – generally functional, but only if you reboot it every time you make coffee.

Yup! Semi nuclear option, delete the app, forget the Bluetooth connection, turn off the ‘tooth on the watch.
    Went and made a brew, came back and re-installed connect, re-paired Bluetooth and away it (eventually) went. It looked like it was going to hang up again though….

Problem solved, until next time!

markgraylish
    Free Member

On the basis that most people only comment about poor goods or services, I can happily report that Garmin Connect is rock solid on my Samsung S8 (Android v9) and constantly syncs with my Edge 530 and my Forerunner 945.
    In fact, I can track my heart rate in real time on Connect whilst typing this message on my phone whilst sat on the loo…🙂

fettlin

Ah, I remember those days! Galaxy S8 with latest android here as well, all was wonderful, a Vivoactive 3 and an Edge 130 all working perfectly. It won’t last😀

In fact, I can track my heart rate in real time on Connect whilst typing this message on my phone whilst sat on the loo…🙂

It’s a great time to be alive!

sockpuppet

Aye, connect worked fine for me me about 15 minutes ago.

On the occasions where it wouldn’t sync him the past turning off both phone and device then powering up fully sorted it.

lovewookie

I’ve had some glitches with it. disconnects from phone whilst being used, then fails to reconnect. weirdly, that means that even when I finish a ride, it still keeps live track running, as the device doesn’t tell the phone to stop.
    I think android is switching it off in the background, so I’ve now allowed it to keep running, hopefully that will help…

ceept

I had loads of problems connecting when I installed the Covid app. Removed it & been all good again.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect won’t’ is closed to new replies.