Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • garmin and strava
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Has anyone else had issues uploading garmin routes onto strava and it not recording segments?

Went for a ride with my mate who uses a mobile to record the route and I use my garmin edge as my mobile kept crashing everytime I use strava.

But when comparing to my mate there are segments missing and also distance travelled on his device is more than on mine. I would of thought it would be more accurate on a garmin or is it a waste of £300.

wwaswas

Garmin will be more accurate unless something went wrong like you stopped it half way through and then restarted it later

Are they showing as hidden segments when you view Strava?

Carlos45
    Free Member

Am a big fan of Garmin for the current in- ride info as well as ease of following routes etc.

However, when it comes to recording info for Strava segments both my Garmin and iPhone have the same levels of reliability / unreliability. I was out yesterday recording on both and some segments were recognised on one and not the other, significantly different times for the same segment (probably connected with my first observation) – there was little to choose other than the fact the iPhone dies after a couple of hrs whereas the Garmin can go on for some time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘garmin and strava’ is closed to new replies.