Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin 810 – which one?
  • bluebird
    Free Member

I want to use it for finding my way around off road and for guiding me on road rides and a bit of HRM training stuff. I’m not looking for Satnav style work out a route for me from A to B. I just want to be able to define a road route and follow it.

Can I use the Enduro bundle, or will I need more maps for the road?

Thanks

jamiea
    Free Member

The 810 is still really buggy apparently, I’m going to opt for the 800.

EDIT, to answer your question- get the base model and use TalkieToaster / OSM maps.

Cheers,
    Jamie

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mine seems fine unless I try and look at a route I have already ridden on it, but then I just use the phone via bluetooth to view it instead. Only 4 rides in but like it, the Oz mapping is crap so can’t really answer it. However the aftermarket pricing on their maps means it’s worth buying up front. (I hear you can use some of the open street map stuff though)

jamiea
    Free Member

Some interesting reading

Cheers,
    Jamie

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cheers for that, as I said mine seems fine 🙂 I’m guessing firmware updates will fix the rest in time.

bigrich

mine works a treat. You do have to clean out the rides from the memory every so often.

bluebird
    Free Member

bigrich/mikewsmith

Are you using your 810 to track rides as you go. or programme in routes that you follow?

Which maps do you use?

bigrich

yep, both. I got the premium bundle. download interesting looking gpx routes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oz map bundle that came with it, not followed any yet, only just got it so not much chance to try more.

bigrich

I won a strava premium membership at a race, and one of the features is you can hover over a region, see the trails that have been ridden and download the gpx files. It’s a winner.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 810 – which one?’ is closed to new replies.