Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin 800 Bike Mount
  • Rockdodger
    Free Member

I am not happy with the mount that came with my 800 and it has a tendency to move on my bars aspecially when going downhill fast.
    Can anyone recommend me a different mount that will hold it in place securely.
    Thanks

hugor
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the K-Edge mounts. I have them on all my bikes. Very sturdy.
    They also do wicked Go-Pro mounts.
    The Garmin out in front mounts look similar but I’ve not tried.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

My Garmin 800 bracket is mounted to the stem & has been rock solid. Fits a 70mm stem no problem.

mangatank
    Free Member

it has a tendency to move on my bars aspecially when going downhill fast.

I’m finding that with my 810 (same mount). As soon as the carbon bar gets wet (that’s every ride of course), the unit starts to become unsecure. My stem is too short to mount the unit there though. This wasn’t a problem with the 305…

I might try some duct tape on the bar to let the mount ‘bite’ slightly…

Cougar

Our 800 came with a mount which is basically a plastic clip and a couple of poxy rubber bands. It seems effective though.

I saw this on Twitter yesterday if it helps you any?

bigG
    Free Member

+1 for the K edge mount, have one on the cross bike, and the road bike. Neither has loosened or moved despite some grim conditions.

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Thanks for all that info and a K Edge mount ordered and the will be fitted backwards as Cougar mentioned.

clubber
    Free Member

Out of interest, does anyone know if you can get a central type mount for a 605?

clubber
    Free Member

Just to follow this up, you can get an adaptor for the 205/305/605/705 to allow them to be fitted to the new rotating type mounts being discussed in this thread that the current models use (though they have no stock at the mo, they’ve said they’ll be making more soon).

http://www.racewaredirect.co.uk/#/shop/4559567829/Garmin-Adapter-for-205-305-605-705/4708654

sok

A bit of insulation tape on your bars next to the mount does the trick. Cheaper than a new mount too. 😉

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Out of interest, does anyone know if you can get a central type mount for a 605?

Acor do a mount without the need for an adaptor which can use the original mount. Clicky. I have one and it’s very sturdy. Not quite as nice as the K-edge but it does the job.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ll buy your mount if you don’t want it 😀 I’m after a spare.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 800 Bike Mount’ is closed to new replies.