Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Garmin 25 or Lezyne Micro Cycle?
  • ready

Looking for a small GPS for Mrs Ready to record rides, & upload to Strava. Narrowed it down to these 2, as they’re on Black Friday offer (Garmin £70 in Halfords, Lezyne £60 in CRC) Are these much the same? Any real world reviews would be helpful!

Many Thanks

martinkiely
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the Lezyne, but the Garmin 25 I have has been spot on so far. Never had any issues with it, can do basic navigation too.

ready

Tempted to give the Lezyne a go purely based on the fact its RRP is more expensive, therefore it must be better…?

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I’ve got Garmin 25 works fine but  only 8 hrs battery  .

Replaced with a Lezyne macro great battery life but software and syncing isn’t good since last year’s update

StirlingCrispin

I have a Lezyne GPS watch (£65 from Wiggle in July) which is almost certainly the same unit as the one you’re looking at.

It’s OK.

Bluetooth connectivity was flaky to start but updates have sorted that. Lezyne seem to be quite good at resolving issues with updates (phone and unit).

Sending a road route to the unit is easy (map on the Lezyne root website). Not tried an off-road route.

You can set it up to send a livestalk email with realtime tracking.

You can tune the display via your phone.

I wish it would do OS coordinates.

It has to have a phone connected to save the route (although I have a firmware pending which may sort that).

The text / call notification thing is quite cool.

colournoise

Dog ate my 25, so have just switched to a Lezyne micro.

Ergonomics are similar on both – lots of nested menus and four rubber buttons.

Don’t like the display as much as the Garmin, but it’s more customisable so swings and roundabouts.

Accuracy on local wooded trails seems at least as good as the Garmin.

Battery life seems WAY better on the Lezyne (was only getting 4-5 hours out of the Garmin even with GLONASS and Bluetooth off – same on the 25 I had before that).

Mine seems to save rides without a phone connected, but I did do the firmware update as soon as I bought the device.

Only real niggle so far is that I can’t find a way to get the device to automatically sync and upload to the Lezyne cloud storage/site (and so push the ride to Strava) as soon as it connects to my phone like the Garmin would. I have to manually start the app and sync both the phone and the cloud by hand. Might be new user error though, as I can’t believe they’ve overlooked that…

Other thing that bothers me is that there are only limited mounting options. Either bungeed on or out front. It would be cool to have a stem cap mount like I had for the Garmin.

kimbers

Lezyne micro is great, menus bit clunkier than Garmin, but battery life is good & loads of features

ready

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like a Lezyne will be in her stocking shortly!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t have another Garmin, IMHO they’ve been left behind by the likes of Wahoo and Lezyne, especially in terms of battery life and general use-ability

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 25 or Lezyne Micro Cycle?’ is closed to new replies.