Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gareth Barry WTF ??????????????
  • trailmonkey

Ok, Im totally baffled by this one.
    Thought he might leave to play in the UCL but leaving Villa for Man City can’t even be described as a sideways move. Doubt we’ll see a stranger move all summer.

BoardinBob

Not really that strange when city are going to pay him £100k a week for the next 5 years…

trailmonkey

I doubt it’s for the money. He would be due a lucrative testimonial if he stayed on at Villa plus we’d offered him a new deal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Do you think Chelsea were much different when they started signing Drogba etc years ago. Man City (If rumours are correct) are the richest club in the prem. Signing Barry so cheaply makes a lot of sense and may help them get the other players.

From Barry’s point of view, well money talks doesnt it

Garry_Lager

I doubt it’s for the money. He would be due a lucrative testimonial if he stayed on at Villa plus we’d offered him a new deal.

:mrgreen: It’s not about the money trailmonkey, it’s about the money.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Barry’s play became a little bit predictable, not unlike MON’s reliance on crossing the ball into the box at any given opportunity!

We need some fresh blood, and he’s given us a good 11 years service, and arguably his best years are behind him. So let him chase the dream/money at City, as they should be competitive given all that cash.

We’ll be seriously pushed to replicate our 6th place next season judging on the awful finish to this season and poor start to the off season.

Unfortunatley Lerner is used to over-seeing serial under-achievers, look at his Cleveland Browns!!

We’re desperatly in need of a quality striker and someone in Midfield who can control a game and do something a little bit special. Will MON find them, . . . er no.

Garry_Lager

MON has some pull with the media don’t you think? He’s got the entire UK press in his back pocket, he’s like the anti-Benitez. I didn’t see a single negative article on the great bottle job taking place at Villa Park in the latter half of the season. Questions needed to be asked and the piss should have been taken, particularly given his quitting of the UEFA cup.

rOcKeTdOg

as a Birmingham City fan i welcome Barrys move 😆

G
    Free Member

Did I actually see a footy fan who honestly thought a players motivation might be something other than dosh?… trail monkey have you been on the moon since 1992?? Nobody has even made a pretence of it being anything other than a gravy train since then…..

Lucrative testemonial my arse…. most of them (even in the Championship) give the money to charity nowadays, did you not know that??

Hadge
    Free Member

Putting together a team of big name players doesn’t guarantee you anything and frankly I think it’s a terrible move. But I’m glad in one respect as being a Liverpool fan there was all the talk of him coming to us – at the cost of Xavi Alonso!!! I’m afriad Barry isn’t anywhere near as good as Xavi so glad he ain’t coming. Last season there wasn’t one game where City showed any class at all, just a bunch of very mediocre players and one shining light (maybe)

BoardinBob

Never mind Barry, Real have bid £56 million for Kaka!

loddrik
    Free Member

Never mind that, the funniest thing I have heard all year is tony Adams to be the next Celtic manager, I bet rangers fans must be in absolute hysterics about now!!!

chela
    Free Member

Yeah I just read that Tony Adams story too! 😯

Jesus wept.

This is so barmy it’s not even funny. It’s actually disconcerting, like the world’s become unhitched from reality and we’re all sloshing around in an upside-down sea of insanity.

trailmonkey

Did I actually see a footy fan who honestly thought a players motivation might be something other than dosh?… trail monkey have you been on the moon since 1992?? Nobody has even made a pretence of it being anything other than a gravy train since then…..

Lucrative testemonial my arse…. most of them (even in the Championship) give the money to charity nowadays, did you not know that??

Well, Kaka turning down Man City was a clear example of a player shunning the money, as was Gerrard shunning Chelsea a few seasons back. I think once a top quality player has earned enough then there are other motivations for them. I’m just struggling to figure out what there might be for Barry at Man City.

Yes, I am aware of players donating their testimonials to charity, more proof if needed that it’s not all about the money.

theotherjonv

Check out Ulysses de la Cruz (also ex Villa) to see a true motivation. Juan Sebastien Veron does the same I think, and I even recall Craig Bellamy doing something for a football charity in Africa.

Contrast some of these big-time Charlies. There was the nurse who campaigned for all the premier league stars to donate a day’s wages to a nursing charity, and was snubbed by the vast majority.

loddrik
    Free Member

That was nigel reo coker’s mum.

Ed2001
    Free Member

” I doubt it’s for the money ” funniest thing I’ve read in ages.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gareth Barry WTF ??????????????’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts