Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gardenists – How are your fruit trees looking?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My apple trees look like we’re going to have a bumper crop this year, they are absolutely hanging. Think I may even have to support some of the branches on the smaller trees!.

Going to be lots of Tarte tatin this year. Yum.

djambo
    Free Member

Same here. Last year only one (of two) tree fruited however this year they both look like they’re going to be giving a good crop!

beardo74
    Free Member

Yep – ours seem to have a good crop so far too. It may be my imagination but the trees actually look to have more/ greener/ healthier leaves this year too, so hopefully it will be a bumper crop! Perhaps the damp start to summer followed by recent warm sunny weather (in Devon) helped?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Raspberries looking great.. strawberries not so good

bearnecessities

Strawberries – Got hit by frost but coming good now (did you know that if the little yellow flower head goes black, that’s one that’s been Jack Frosted and won’t fruit – never knew that before).

Apple trees like you say, looking pretty ambitious.

Plum – looking good

Redcurrants – loads; shame they’re rubbish things.

It’s the greengage tree I can’t wait to raid…

BillMC

Gooseberries looking good

thecaptain
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing doing on our fruit trees here in north yorkshire. There was a bit of blossom, but not much. Not sure what we did wrong if anything – we only moved last summer. Cold spring, young trees (put in by previous owner). Maybe just need to grow a bit, but last year they had a modest crop. There are currants of some sort which seem to be doing well, also raspberries too early to tell. Most of our gardening effort has been tidying up the overgrown mess that we bought, clearing ivy and removing cramped trees.

Rhubarb is ok though 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Strawberries are looking healthy and full, apple trees have a fair few fruits on them, first year we’ve had pears, blackberries are ok, raspberries are ok, gooseberries are ok.

Muchos crumble and pies! 😀

We also bought a load of reduced price trees recently (discovery apples- yum!, couple of morello cherries, couple more pears, a plum and a few braeburn apples i think) which probably won’t do anything for a good few years yet but we had to rescue them and put them in the ground to give them a chance.

teasel
    Free Member

Apples and pears looking good. Cherries just starting to ripen on one tree, not quite on the others. Damsons and plums are looking a little sparse.

It does look rather good this year…mmm

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Bumper crops of strawberries is looking likely just started picking last week. The plum tree is full to bursting.

Both the apple trees are still quite young one looks to have a good crop but the other produced lots of blossom at the same time as the other but only has a few apples coming through.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

strawberries are doing well.. already had a fair few.. plum and apple tree not doing a fat lot.. it could be the fact they were the supermarket twig variety to match the never fruiting kiwi and disintegrating blueberry companions in the garden.

Northwind

We had the best apples we’ve ever had last year, not looking so good this year- didn’t seem to get much blossom- but still looking OK. Usually we just cook with them but last year you could eat them straight off the tree, lovely…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

The Kumquats are full of…..juiciness.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gardenists – How are your fruit trees looking?’ is closed to new replies.