Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garden sheds – tiger sheds any good?
  • julians
    Free Member

Need a new garden shed, the concrete base is 7 foot x 7 foot.

Have been looking around and my favourite so far is tiger sheds apex shiplap range, they look decent to me.

Are there any others I should be considering?

salad_dodger

I got a Tiger shed after asking the same question on here a few years ago. It’s been solid ever since I got it and if I was in the market again then I would get another one without hesitation.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep …. me too

Think the top tips where to put it together yourself with screws rather than nails and buy your own felt/tacks for the roof.

Good luck

hooli

I have one too, very pleased with the quality for the price.

redmex
    Free Member

Local sheds seem to all be the same price give or take £30, a friend of mine she is looking for a 10×8 I see online Power sheds £230 cheaper, good reviews on trust pilot, free delivery and it canny be hard to build a shed on a level slab base. Must look up Tiger but has anyone on here used Power ?

DezB
    Free Member

I prefer Snake Sheds

redmex
    Free Member

Tiger sheds look much better value, £450.00 cheaper, it’s only a shed and easy to strengthen if req’d, maybe better roof felt if it’s economy cheap stuff, better bolts for the hinges

mlbaker
    Free Member

Another positive vote from me for Tiger sheds; got a bike type shed – panels all straight, easy to assemble and seems solid. The same couldn’t be said of the BillyOh shed it replaced!

snotrag

Can not reccomend them based on their driver dropping a shed panel onto my Boxster, despite me asking him to wait while I helped him in the wind. Then a concerted effort from the driver, and their custoemr service staff, to screw me over, leaving me ultimatrly with a big bodyshop bill for repairing and painting the nearside corner of the car.

Burchy1
    Free Member

I bought one for our old place, it still looked really good when we moved out 7 years later. The supplied felt and tacks seemed fine to me.

fathomer

salad_dodger – Subscriber
    I got a Tiger shed after asking the same question on here a few years ago. It’s been solid ever since I got it and if I was in the market again then I would get another one without hesitation.

This. It was easy to put up as well, I’m crap at DIY and the Mrs no better and we managed it in before lunch one Saturday morning.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Got a Tiger shed last year, quality is good, order process good with decent communication etc. Still looks good a year later, nice and solid.

I’ve been pretty impressed with my Screwfix 10′ x 10′ corner shed tbf @ £800/odd. It’s from a third party – can’t remember who, but it’s pretty solid

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hcyw3S]LRM_EXPORT_19265021606719_20190908_214557251[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hcyyFT]20190908_180117[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hcAiJC]20190908_180109[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

julians
    Free Member

Thanks all, tiger sheds it is then. I looked at power sheds and they looks decent but a fair bit more money than tiger sheds for what looked like no increase in quality.

I was thinking I should use screws instead of nails to put it together.

kayak23

Can not reccomend them based on their driver dropping a shed panel onto my Boxster

😳

crankboy
    Free Member

I got a tiger shed about 5 years ago , it was easy to assemble just me and my 3 year old with a neighbor to help lift the flat roof on . It is still solid despite me never treating the wood again. I would use screws rather than nails.
    Oh and don’t leave an expensive car in the way when they deliver.

stevextc
    Free Member

My shed learning….
    1) Paint it before you put it up… the 5yr stuff seems good
    2) Leave enough space to stop any creeping plants and be able to prune
    3) Put in a decent base… mine is on top of a 6″ gap above concrete with a slope enough to run off
    4) Use decent screws
    5) Stick a permanant roof on instead of felt
    6) Repaint in 5 yrs

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garden sheds – tiger sheds any good?’ is closed to new replies.