Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • garden fence maximum height?
  • toys19
    Free Member

I want to sort out our garden fence/wall. Is there a maximum height for a garden fence? Wooden shiplap arrangement?

wwaswas

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/fenceswallsgates/

You will need to apply for planning permission if you wish to erect or add to a fence, wall or gate and it would be over 1 metre high and next to a highway used by vehicles (or the footpath of such a highway); or over 2 metres high elsewhere; or

so no max height but below that you don’t need permission.

nickjb
    Free Member

6′ 6″ unless it fronts a highway then it’s 3′ 3″. You can get planning permission for a higher fence, though

toys19
    Free Member

in a conservation area?

Which side does it need to be 6’6″ my side is higher than my neighbours so if its 6’6″ on my side it would be about 8ft on my neighbours side.

wwaswas

phone your local planning dept. They give good free phone advice and you’ll know how they would treat any complaint from said neighbour

I’d imagine it’s the height when seen from outside the property but not sure.

toys19
    Free Member

cool onto plannign right now. cheers

footflaps

Which side does it need to be 6’6″ my side is higher than my neighbours so if its 6’6″ on my side it would be about 8ft on my neighbours side.

Surely the fence is still the same height regardless of the drop in ground height on one side?

toys19
    Free Member

From my local planning authority ” 2m high max, on the highest side”

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve never looked but is even possible to get fence panels that are higher than 6’6″?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘garden fence maximum height?’ is closed to new replies.