Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garden bonfire & social courtesy if any..
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I was going to wait until the neighbour 2 doors up has gotten her washing in other than that am I free to go?

My other neighbour would have a fire or bbq whether we had washing out or not.

matt_outandabout

I try to do it at a reasonable time – evening or late afternoon, and like you have warned neighbours for washing.
    But other than that, I am probably likely to have upset a few over the last three years at our place…

scrumfled
    Free Member

i always knock on next door….. it kinda trains them to do the same 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

I tend to aim for an evening when the weather means that windows aren’t open.

bruneep

I take my garden waste to local recycling centre, I hate fires.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I hate fires.

With good reason, I’d imagine…

jekkyl

Is your local recycling centre a fair journey away then?

matt_outandabout

Is your local recycling centre a fair journey away then?

It’s more the *volume* of stuff we had to remove….

jekkyl

more than one trip then?

CountZero

I tend to aim for an evening when the weather means that windows aren’t open.

This.
    I burn garden waste, there isn’t much, usually, the garden is fairly small, so it’s gradual accumulation of stuff.
    The council used to collect it, but consulted on changing to either collection only during spring/summer/autumn to save money, or charging £40/year. The vote went for not collecting during the winter, so the council decided to charge, a democratic decision if ever there was one! They compost the waste and sell it or use it themselves, so charging to take away then getting paid for the end result is pretty cheeky.
    I guess I burn one lot every few months, then put the ash on the garden that isn’t grass.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I always inform the neighbours.

It makes for a better chant if some nosy policeman from the mainland comes snooping about……

matt_outandabout

^perchy that was about the size of the last one. My neighbour is fellow forumite, so they can confirm. 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

I take my garden waste to local recycling centre, I hate fires.

Same here.

My retired neighbour is a bugger for bonfires and doesn’t give a damn about when he does it – he has a metal bin that he burns stuff in right next to our fence. He is very good at waiting for a decent breeze to ensure that it blows across our garden.

The frustrating thing is that our receycling centre is literally just down the road!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garden bonfire & social courtesy if any..’ is closed to new replies.