• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Garden bike furniture for the kids….
  • alpin
    Free Member

My lil sis has OK’d me building a ramp for my nephew. What she didn’t know is that it’s already built.

A small kicker about 30cm high and 90cm long. Great for the older one,but maybe little nephew is too small just yet.

I’m thinking building a a see-saw type thingy so that the little nephew can use his balance bike, too,and maybe a up & over type ramp.

Before I set off to the workshop, does anyone else have any good ideas as to what I could build?

My sister is fortunate that she has a massive garden….. 😁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A small kicker about 30cm high and 90cm long

Is that long enough? – for learning on, I always work on the principle (and for building stuff locally too) that the take off should be at least the same length, but preferably a tad longer, than the bike wheelbase.

Tracey

When our girls were little, a long time ago, they asked for some shore for Christmas a trip to the savage yard and a load of timber was delivered and made up into six foot lengths so that it could be carried into the field. Loads of fun was had for very little outlay before the ventured into the nearby disused quarry for some bigger stuff.

alpin
    Free Member

Here’s one I prepared earlier…. Works fine on the BMX for 180s.

alpin
    Free Member

Tracey, your garden is massive!

Nephews are 4 & 1,5…

ElVino

Here’s one I prepared earlier…. Works fine on the BMX for 180s.

What height and length is that Alpin, thinking for a Christmas Project

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Specialized from day 1 Tracey!  Brilliant!

alpin
    Free Member

What height and length is that Alpin, thinking for a Christmas Project

Circa 30cm high, 90cm long.
    Some off cuts from staging I built last month.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Those bigger ramps look awesome, but you can have a lot of useful fun on a small bit of wood and a couple of bricks (now replaced with something a little bigger and more solid!). The smaller stuff is very handy for timing your ‘push-scoop-and-spring’

RoterStern
    Free Member

My LBS do a field test once a year in the local velodrome and they hire a wooden pump track which is a lot of fun. Something along these lines.
    null

alpin
    Free Member

Right… Ramp is more or less done…

I’m thinking of putting skateboards type tape on it so that the boys can use it on the wet /damp (it’s for the UK after all….).

Where can I get decent length rolls and not 85cm for 7€?

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m being inspired by this forum again to knock up some bits.

I’m thinking something like Tracey’s setup, 45×95 lengths for bulk of it with something thinner/wider on top. 50cm wide?

alpin
    Free Member

I think it’s a bit big…..

BearBack
    Free Member

exterior paint with added sand?
    Ramp looks super!

darthpunk
    Free Member

Where can I get decent length rolls and not 85cm for 7€?

speak to Sean Goff at Todd Twist if you need a particular length

joebristol

When I stained some decking I got some stuff that had sand in it for non-slip and it’s been pretty good. You could either get something like that – or as above do some kind of black outdoor paint / sand mix which should do the job.

alpin
    Free Member

I’ve chopped it in half and added a box section. Box is 40cm high, 95cm long. Will use theatre hinges to attach the box, or back to original configuration when he’s bigger /more confident.

I rode the original yesterday evening on the BMX…. Whether it was the Feierabendbier or I’m just crap, but I found it a bit intimidating so thought the middle section will smooth it out a bit….

[url=https://postimages.org/]image to url[/url]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Garden bike furniture for the kids….’ is closed to new replies.