Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garage Security
  • thursty
    Free Member

Having just had two mountain bikes stolen from my garage I want to fit some sort of deterrent to the outside of the door (up and over type door). I also want to fit something in the garage to lock bikes to.

Does anyone have any recommendations/models to avoid?

Thanks,

flatfish
    Free Member

These are good, Fitted loads to my customers garages and have the Pacri version on my own garage.
    http://www.locksonline.co.uk/acatalog/Pacri_Garage_Door_Lock.html

project
    Free Member

Thrust email me for some detailed garage security info.
    email in profile.
    Sorry for your losses

jimjam
    Free Member

Two of these would be a good start.

Combined with a motorcycle shackle, armoured cable and some decent chains.

Hairychested
    Free Member

A couple of hungry these:

alanl
    Free Member

Having had mine broken into twice last year, I’ve sort of come up with a solution.
    First time, the door wasnt very secure, so they did a bit of forcing, and it popped up.
    So I fitted a hasp and staple, and a big padlock, so it would be pretty difficult, and noisy to get in.
    Second time they saw the door was secure, so pulled out the 1m x.3m window (yes, a pretty small window), took the bike apart, and got it through the window.

After this, I screwed wood battens to the inside of the window frame, so it looks like a prison window, and fitted a battery powered alarm, which was provided by the Police for free.
    I was sceptical that such a small alarm would be any good, but it is very noisy, and would certainly wake me up if it went off.
    This is the alarm here:
    http://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/acatalog/Battery_Powered__Keypad_Control_Shed_Garage_Alarm.html

Dead easy to set and disarm.
    The Police said if they were determined, they would get in one way or another, down the road from me, they levered up the roof panels to get in. So a show of security on the outside to deter casual thieves, and the alarm inside to deter anyone who wants to get in.
    HTH
    Alan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garage Security’ is closed to new replies.