Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garage roller doors
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

I know there’s a number of folk on here from the Northwest.

I’m based in Ramsbottom and I’m looking for a replacement garage door, preferably a roller type. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies that they have used successfully in the past?

Thanks Matt

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Not sure of door suppliers in your kneck of the woods, but after a break in & the door being very easily forced I looked into doors & locking systems, I went for a SecurO Glide Excel, it’s the only UK manufactured roller door with a LPBC rating against attack.

They are insulated as well so the garage is slightly warmer.
    Not cheap but you get some peace of mind knowing they are well made & secure.
    After installation we installed micro switches both ends & if the door is in any way tampered with all hell brakes loose with a Master blaster siren going of.

Hope that helps in your choice.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I have a securoglide door too, got mine from a place in Chester, but if you google there are a number of supplier/fitters in the NW.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

There’s some fella in Bromley Cross who has a Cheshire Industrial Doors van parked up.

colp

Don’t get a Teckentrup. I spent £1600 on one, and it completely folded in after 3 kicks from a pair of teenage scrotes.
    The brackets holding the rollers are simple folded metal design with no triangulation, so when the door was kicked, they bent inwards, the wheels popped out of the tracks and the door could just be pushed in.
    The manufacturers response was shocking, basically said tough, even though their website advertised the door as “stopping burglars in their tracks”.
    I’m in the process of giving them an Internet slaying.

jonnyrockymountain

I have had one of there’s for the last 9 yrs no complaints at all, very good, and excellent after sales
    http://www.excelrollershutters.co.uk/huddersfield.asp

cb

Any idea ball park price for one of them securo glide doors – single garage and fitted?

xico
    Free Member

I’m currently in the process of getting quotes for a double electric garage door, for no other reason that I’m changing all my windows to grey and the garage has to match! My current one is sectional, not roller, very well insulated and it feels secure and I may replace with the same. My fitter is offering an Alluguard roller door as an alternative, but I’m worried about security. Anyone using this particular roller door? Sorry OP, but I hope this is relevant.

jonnyrockymountain

I’d say about £1k

spooky_b329

I’ve been quoted about £1100 for a ‘Warm Protection’ compact roller door with a Somfy operator. That’s supplied and fitted. A Hormann up and over was around £850 from the same fitter.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find a supply only price for either the Warm Protection or Securoglide doors (both have compact versions where the box is 205mm high) I’d like to have a crack at it myself as it looks fairly simple.

I did see a door costing around £600 but it looked like a proper budget job, no sensors so you have to stand there like a lemon holding the down button until it closes, and it wasn’t a compact version.

I wanted a sectional door but again the limited headroom was an issue, plus the roller has the huge advantage of not having three meters of tracks running into the garage 4 inches above my head, and the door not blocking access to the top shelving or lights when open.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I’d say about £1k

Not got the paperwork with me atm, but mine Def cost more than that in 2007!

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Also check out youtube for the vids on testing SecurOGlide Excel doors after our doors was replaced & next door being a big collecter of all bike things, he too had his replaced, from memory it was around 1200 pounds for a single roller.

If any one likes to fall out with the whole surrounding area check out Master Blaster Siren on youtube too, god knows how they are legally sold in the UK.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Just checked paperwork and mine cost £1350 in Jan 2007.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garage roller doors’ is closed to new replies.