Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gaming headphones/microphone type question
  • dyna-ti

Im trying to get the mic to work without it coming through the TV.
    System is rigged up to the tV and if i use headphones/mic the sound comes through the tV as well as the headphones and I’d like to isolate to just the headphones so I dont bother the neighbours, but I cant seem to.
    System is an alienware and the headset a razer.

Is it more a case of using the audio connections at he back rather than the mini jack sockets at the front of the computer, or is it a case of it will always be projected out of the TV speaker ?.
    Computer is linked via scart if that means anything to anyone – I dont know if i should take that off and connect it with the individual vid/audio leads.

I play DayZ and you really need headphones for hearing directional shooting as well as talking to other players. A real pain linking up with someone and not being able to communicate easily.

GeForceJunky

Wow, someone still playing DayZ! It should just be a case of going to the sound control panel and making sure both ‘default device’ and ‘default communication device’ is set your headset.

squirrelking
    Free Member

SCART????

Obvious question first, do you not have an HDMI input? Your resolution must be hideous!

Also, just turning the telly down is surely the answer. Well, a workaround at least until we figure why your mic is outputting to the TV. Something is definitely configured wrong there.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

If you’re using headphones, can’t you just mute the TV?

dyna-ti

Sorry for the late rely.

If i mute or reduce the tv sound it reduces the headphone sound too. As said its clearly a config issue and i should maybe rewire the whole thing from the start and look to buy the proper connectors.

I said scart, but meant hdmi, but im totally clueless on what i exactly need hence the post. I think at the time to get the computer up and running in with the tv i used what i had there. I thought plugging in the headset to the headset/mic sockets on the front of the comp it would work, but it hasnt and its been a long time so just never got around to it.
    Dayz is just one of the games you really need the mic for, but its the case that most of the modern games, especially the team or group games you need quick comms. I’ve not been on dayz for a few years but im getting board playing by myself.

I’ll take another look at the comp specs and how they recommend setting up a headset, so at least ill know what i need to buy.

oceanskipper

Have you got the HDMI plugged into the ARC (Audio Return Channel) input/output  on the TV? One of the HDMI ports on the TV may be labelled “HDMI 2 (ARC)”  for example. Try another HDMI port.

It doesn’t matter if the headphones are plugged into the front or rear sockets on the PC.

If you right click the little speaker icon in the bottom right of your screen and open “sound settings” what does it say that the input/output devices are?

I am assuming you are running W10?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gaming headphones/microphone type question’ is closed to new replies.