A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS

Home Forum Chat Forum A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 1,324 total)
  • A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS
  • psychle

Phew, fair call… Not that it’ll make a friggin difference šŸ™

uwe-r

yossarian – Member
    Broad is off the field – this is looking ominous for us now

SHOULD HAVE BOWLED FIRST

I think it is still a valid argument as the key factor in bowling is the weather and morning sessions often have the best bowling conditions. Bowling first is the only way to guarantee bowling in the morning and the forecast was for cloud yesterday, it did prove difficult for us. However, it would have been a defensive move to avoid batting so on balance it was the right call.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Boycott disagrees with you, psychle – he might be on our side, but he’s also usually inclined to get benefit of the doubt to batters if there is any. Rule is foot on the line is out.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

I think one of the big considerations in batting first was that you don’t want to be batting last on this pitch. That and Swann would like to bowl last on this pitch, with a load of footmarks to bowl in.

Still, at least you’re good at rugby…

Oh, hold on.

šŸ˜‰

psychle

Grrrrr…. God it sucks to be an Aussie sports supporter at the moment… šŸ™

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

From twitter
    Andy Jackson ?@jackersknackers 4m
    @bbctms This is the worst Australian collapse since Helen Daniels fell down that flight of stairs in Neighbours.
    Retweeted by BBC TMS

Pranav_Soneji ?@pranav_soneji 3m
    One of these Australian batsmen has a solid opener’s technique with a straight bat and good footwork. The other is Phil Hughes. #Ashes

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

psychle wrote:

Grrrrr…. God it sucks to be an Aussie sports supporter at the moment… for the last few years

FIFY

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

It’s not all bad as an Aussie supporter – I mean there’s that Richie Porte sitting in 2nd place in the TdF…

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

getting dangerous. Not necessarily just the score, I’d still back us in a one innings game with Australia batting last and Swann bowling, let alone in a one innings game with a 30-40 run headstart.

But just the cussedness of a last innings stand turns the bowlers attitude round from ‘we’re doomed’ to ‘….maybe, if…..’

eg: Botham and Dilley, 1981…….

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

aracer wrote:

It’s not all bad as an Aussie supporter – I mean there’s that Richie Porte sitting in 2nd place in the TdF…

31st

camo16

It’s not all ‘strewth’ for the Aussies yet – nice 53-run 10th wicket partnership already.

Anyone who thinks this is over already has a few roos loose in the top paddock.

psychle

England bowlers handing out some gift runs here, thankfully…

uwe-r

My involvement in this thread yesterday seemed to trigger some Aussie fortune, as the same has happened again today Iā€™m off to start a what tyres thread.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Hughes & Agar to open?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

No Number 11 on debut has made 50….yet

psychle

Go Agar! I’m going to nickname him Petri šŸ™‚

He’s making this look easy, unbelievable really given the carnage that preceded his arrival

johndoh

I guess the weather is brighter and warmer today and the swing is going as the day moves on? If so, when we *do* get the stubborn sod out we *SHOULD* rattle up a few with our openers.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

You heard it here first (not that I take any pleasure in my prediction coming true)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/game-on-first-test-spoilers/page/3#post-5146565

grum

The ‘proper’ batsmen in the aussie side must be feeling pretty embarrassed right now.

Come on England! Get Anderson on and bowl full!

psychle

I guess the weather is brighter and warmer today and the swing is going as the day moves on? If so, when we *do* get the stubborn sod out we *SHOULD* rattle up a few with our openers.

True enough, it is a bit worrying to think what your admittedly quality batsman will do in similar/improving conditions…

grum

Superb effort on debut from Agar.

psychle

You bloody ripper young Agar, a little bit of joy and happiness, and dare I say it, hope on an otherwise disappointing morning. We may even get a first innings lead yet amazingly!

This is why we love Test cricket isn’t it, the twists and turns of fortune, damn it’s good! šŸ˜€

grum

Has he now scored more sixes than Jonathon Trott in his entire career?

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Top score in the match to Agar. Has a number 11 on debut ever managed that before?

…obviously everybody else is busy hitting statsguru as it’s fallen over.

WTF is going on????

fair play though, can’t believe how much this gaming is swinging one way then the other, and we’ve only had 4 sessions….

grum

fair play though, can’t believe how much this gaming is swinging one way then the other, and we’ve only had 4 sessions….

This is why we love Test cricket isn’t it, the twists and turns of fortune, damn it’s good!

šŸ™‚

psychle

The Miracle of Trentbridge šŸ˜€

How on earth do we have a first innings lead???

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

if Agar makes a ton then I’ll finish the bottle of red I have and buy some more Ozzie wine in protest!

zokes

I’m out with about 80 Aussies. This is no longer going well…

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

How on earth did that happen?

jamiea

FFS!!!!

Cheers,
    Jamie

johndoh

Would it be funny if scores ended up level….

psychle

Does Hughes know lunch is 4 minutes away? What a cracking shot though šŸ™‚

nothing else for it, time for some mockers.
    this fella’s superb, i reckon he’ll get at least 150, then run through our top order in true Warne style.

there, that should do it….

psychle

That recipe of Michael Holdings sounds delishish… Not!!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

John Doe wrote:

Would it be funny if scores ended up level….

Not going to happen now!

zokes – Member – Quote
    I’m out with about 80 Aussies. This is no longer going well…

Just let the ladies explain the game to you!

psychle

Michael Clarke should declare, just for the hell of it! šŸ˜€

Just in case anyone’s never seen it!

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner…

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
    When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

šŸ™‚

psychle

Again, I am off to bed, I have no friggin idea what news shall await me in the morning, fingers crossed it’s good, night all!

psychle

Or maybe I’ll stay up until we lose our last wicket…

psychle

That stumping been given not out has proved to be quite controversial eh?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

apparently Agar bats No3 for his regular side

psychle

Cunning tactics from Clarke and Lehman eh? Send in a sandbagger at 11, stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

England bowlers lost the plot for an hour or so, as did Cook as Captain you have to say, allowed 2 batsman to find their feet and get set, may just prove a match turning session, maybe… To be honest, this is the position Australia should be in, but with another 4-5 wickets in hand to capitalise further, we shouldn’t have needed such an unlikely miracle to eke out a lead…

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 1,324 total)

The topic ‘A Summer of Cricket – SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.