Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 699 total)
  • Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers
  • damascus
    Free Member

But the fire power of the dragon was ridiculous, taking out whole stone towers with one breath…..FFS!

Yes, I didn’t get this either. If the dragon breaths explosive rounds why didn’t they all blow up when she executed the master of whispers. Or can the dragon chose between just normal fire and explosive fire? And does the dragon not run out of fire at all?

She blew up the main gates. The most fortified part of any fortified city with one pass. I think it was just lazy writing and using up a budget.

Yes, I know the dragon took down the wall but that ruined it for me too. I think there were better ways they could have done it. Maybe not made the city out of stone and had more wooden roofs etc? Maybe used the hidden green bombs placed around the city ?

johnners
    Free Member

Last series We saw a dragon take down The Wall – which had stood for 8 millennia – with a couple of breaths.

Enchantments aside, The Wall was made of water. In Westeros history dragons were used against Harrenhall and they just made the stone a bit “melty” looking.

hols2
    Free Member

Made me think of the bombing of Dresdan at near the end of WW2,wasn’t really necessary but we did it anyway

It was necessary for the plot. That’s what caused Billy Pilgrim to come unstuck in time. Without Dresden, the story would have made no sense.

martinhutch

In Westeros history dragons were used against Harrenhall and they just made the stone a bit “melty” looking.

Pah. Harrenhal is clearly a different, more granitey stone compared to Kings Landing, which looks like sandstone. 🙂

nickc

but obviously he’s suffer no ill affects being a Targaryen.

Daenerys ability to not get burned to a crisp has nothing to do with her being a Targeryan. GGR has said as much any number of times, her walking out out of the bonfire that birthed her dragons was “just” because; magic. A one time offer, never to be repeated. Jon (and her for that matter) may as likely burn (or survive, because; magic) again) who knows…

Jons offs Dany, installs Tyrion and Sansa (who haven’t divorced, although that doesn’t seem to be a thing in GOT) as twin rulers uniting the North and South finally. He **** off back to the North. Arya gets on a boat and goes exploring (as she said she would back in Season 1 ep1)

johnners
    Free Member

her walking out out of the bonfire that birthed her dragons was “just” because; magic. A one time offer, never to be repeated.

She walked out of that massive yurt when she torched the Khals. So at least a 2-time offer, to be repeated as necessary…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Surely you’re not saying GRRM is inconsistent with his deux ex machinas? I don’t believe it!

S8 has been hugely flawed in many plot respects, although I’ve enjoyed the mess.

As a whole it’s not a show I feel compelled to re-watch (yet). Half the fun has been moaning about the plot armour and playing GoT deadpool. Perhaps a few choice episodes. And there have been some good ones. The big set piece battles have all been good. Blackwater, BoB, Hardhome, Living vs Dead. There hasn’t half been some tedious crap though.

swavis

I still think the most satisfying scene was Ramsey Bolton’s last, I think I actually shouted “Yes!” at the telly 😆

easily
    Free Member

I thought Ramsey got off lightly, I was hoping for a long, lingering death – maybe feeding him to the hounds an inch at a time.

I think the only time I shouted was when Oberyn Martell was killed by the mountain. I really wanted him to win that fight.

… oh, and probably when Jaime stopped Margaery Tyrell from doing her ‘walk of shame’ at the very last moment.

easily
    Free Member

Daenerys also picked up heated dragon eggs from a fire with no harm, though they seared the skin of the servant who took them from her. And in the very first episode the entered a steaming bath even though it was ‘too hot’.
    I don’t know where GRR said it was a ‘one-off’, but that’s clearly not the case in the tv series.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

GRRM just makes it up as he goes along.

Crazy, huh?

hols2
    Free Member

I think the overall point of the show will be the end of magic, with the Children of the Forest, the White Walkers, dragons, warging, etc. all displaced by humans and science. Arya killed the Night King and she will also kill Daenerys. Jon Snow and the dragon will also die, so that will be the end of the Targaryens and their magic. Jon was not The Prince that was Promised. Arya will be pregnant with the blacksmith’s baby. That will be the heir to the Iron Throne, so that will mark the end of magic.

mashr

I think the only time I shouted was when Oberyn Martell was killed by the mountain. I really wanted him to win that fight.

We all did – think that was peak GoT

… oh, and probably when Jaime stopped Margaery Tyrell from doing her ‘walk of shame’ at the very last moment.

We all did to that too – there’s an episode or two of The Tudors you’d enjoy

mashr

In Westeros history dragons were used against Harrenhall and they just made the stone a bit “melty” looking.

That was ages ago, dragon tech has moved on you know

oikeith

As a whole it’s not a show I feel compelled to re-watch (yet). Half the fun has been moaning about the plot armour and playing GoT deadpool

I re watched season 7 the week before 8 started and since then have watched seasons 1-6 whilst watching 8, has made season 8 work for me as I am watching old episodes so its fresh instead of remembering with rose tinted specs.

AlexSimon

As a whole it’s not a show I feel compelled to re-watch (yet).

I was surprised how much I enjoyed it second time around. My wife bailed after season 3, but as everyone at work was always talking about it fancied starting again, so we watched them all again before this final season.
    Absolutely loved it. Knowing what happens actually makes it super-fascinating and I never felt it dragged.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

GoT will never top Tyrion shooting his father with a crossbow whilst he was on the bog.

Or the Hounds chicken scene……”If I here one more word out of your **** mouth…” 😀

The Hound is the only character I will miss – the only down to earth rational realist along with Tyrion in a land full of magical thinkers, entitled brats and ideologically driven lunatics. And the only one to see through the madness until Tyrion slowly realised what Danaerys was about in the last few episodes.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Hound: “You’re a talker. Listening to talkers makes me thirsty.”
    *Reaches across and drinks all of Polliver’s ale*
    “And hungry. Think I’ll take two chickens.”
    Polliver: “You don’t seem to understand the situation.”
    Hound: “I understand that if any more words come pouring out your **** mouth, I’m gonna have to eat every **** chicken in this room.”
    Polliver: “You lived your life for the king. You gonna die for some chickens?”
    Hound: “Someone is.”

😀 Still gives me a smile.

loum
    Free Member

Grrm didn’t say that that event was a one off, he said that Danny was a one off – ” the unburnt”.
    She doesn’t burn. Targaryans do burn. Her brothers head burnt. John would burn. She doesn’t.

anagallis_arvensis

I reckon the Dragon just wont do it.

Drac

Well that was below par.

theotherjonv

Or the Hounds chicken scene……”If I here one more word out of your **** mouth…” 😀

Hounds the best, especially when he C-bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItKF3xyci8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUygQGAlMJ4

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Well that was a bit pants. Hope they pull it back for the final episode.

I came from the books, thought the early seasons did a pretty good job. This season was OK up to the Battle of Winterfell which was OK with a few good bits but the last two episodes have just been a bit meh.

ocrider

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned Arya not being burnt to a crisp, all of a sudden having blue eyes and riding a white horse yet. Oh yeah, it’s just started snowing in Kings Landing to boot. Did she just take the night king’s place?

hols2
    Free Member

The ending has leaked online. Not much point watching now.

Game of Thrones final scene

AlexSimon

Oh yeah, it’s just started snowing in Kings Landing to boot.

I thought that was ash!

AlexSimon

The ending has leaked online.

I’m assuming it’s a joke but I still ain’t clicking

jam-bo

all of a sudden having blue eyes

not on my tv…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I think it was just lazy writing and using up a budget.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

Yes.

ocrider

I thought that was ash!

It was, but it’s symbolism, innit. Winter has well and truly arrived in Kings Landing.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Sums up Sansa pretty well, very fine, very expensive armour – never been in a battle her in entire life and never willingly well be.

Check this video out, I cant decide if its incredibly inciteful or made up on the spot.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/4/3/18287327/game-of-thrones-sansa-stark-costumes-michele-clapton

P-Jay
    Free Member

Here’s a question I hope someone can help me with as it’s only just dawned on me.

Early in the last episode we see Varys talking to one of his Little Birds, a servant Girl (Martha) they exchange a few words about how “she’s not really eating now, and the Solders are watching her”.

Later on there’s a girl, the one with the White Horse Toy in Kings Landing, was that the same Girl?

I thought it was as the time, made it pretty confusing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Early in the last episode we see Varys talking to one of his Little Birds, a servant Girl (Martha) they exchange a few words about how “she’s not really eating now, and the Solders are watching her”.

The real question is …was he trying to poison her food?

was that the same Girl?

First girl is on Dragonstone, second one is in Kings landing so, no.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Poison the little girls food? Harsh.

Burn him, I say.

First girl is on Dragonstone, second one is in Kings landing so, no

Time and distance have no meaning in this place.

Do you think that’s air, that you are breathing? Interesting.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ooo.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

And maybe he succeeded – it was them funny mushrooms what made Dany go bananas with the napalm.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes, absolutely. Between E4 and E5 Varys had decided to kill her to let John Snow take the throne.

A better question would be, did he manage to do it?

Why take all your rings off if you know you’re going to die and have no one to leave them to? Supposedly the last one he took off was his special poison ring.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 699 total)

The topic ‘Game of Thrones – Of course it has Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.